Championing sustainability at FinovateEurope
At FinovateEurope, we are committed to running events which are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. Here is a breakdown of how we are embedding sustainability in everything we do.
Faster Forward with Informa
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>
Finovate's commitment to sustainable events
We are making social accountability, environmental responsibility, and sustainable development a priority for all of our events, including FinovateEurope. We’ve broken down our commitments into the following three areas:
We want FinovateEurope to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Ensuring the event is accessible to all
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to diversity in our attendees and on our stage. At FinovateEurope, 50% of our speakers will be female and 50% male, and we’ve also implemented scholarship programs for demoing companies with female and BIPOC founders+
- Building events that are inclusive to everyone - learn more here
FinovateEurope will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Creating less waste and discouraging giveaways from exhibitor stands and media partners
- Pushing our suppliers to source every item for our events in a sustainable way
Our aim is for FinovateEurope to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Supporting fintech’s sustainability with our 35 under 35 project, designed to bring young professionals into the space
- Developing close partnerships with companies, and associations that promote a sustainable fintech ecosystem like the EWPN, with whom we’ve developed our Women in Leadership Forum
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics, including diversity & inclusion, gender balance, sustainability trends, the impact on the environment, and more.
Be a part of the sustainable solutions at FinovateEurope in London!
Here are some ways you can help FinovateEurope accomplish our sustainability goals while at the event with us in London:
Think before you throw
Recycling and composting bins are located throughout the Marriott Marquis, so you’ll never have to go far to responsibly dispose of your waste. Take a moment to consider what goes where:
- COMPOST: Coffee, liquid, food
- RECYCLING: Plastic, aluminum cans, paper, glass bottles, cardboard, pamphlets, flyers
- LANDFILL: chip bags, plastic wrappers, straws, plastic cups
- Cut your emissions while onset or at home by taking simple steps to reduce your footprint - learn more here
Bring your favorite reusable water bottle
Filtered water stations will be available throughout the event. Check out our virtual floor plan for of refill and rinse station locations!
Go green in your hotel room
Be sure to take advantage of towel and sheet reuse initiatives that may be offered by your hotel. Don’t forget to turn off all lights and electronics when you leave your room each day!
London is a very walkable city and all the hotels in the room block are within walking distance the venue.