An eco-responsible venue
The Grimaldi Forum is one of Europe's first congress and culture centres to hold ISO 14001:2015 environmental management certification.
- IMpower is powered by 100% renewable electricity. This significantly reduces the carbon footprint of our event.
- Additional measures include waste sorting, recycling of carpeting and PVC signage sheeting, reducing electricity consumption by using low-voltage light bulbs etc.
- The air conditioning of the site is based on a system of heat pumps that use seawater & groundwater as a clean and renewable energy source
- All spaces of the Grimaldi Forum are accessible to people with reduced mobility.
The latest research and critical thinking
Join the leading voices on sustainability and impact investing to discuss:
- Who’s worked out the business of ESG?
- The rise of climate and human rights litigation in creating systemic change for good
- Best practice sustainable product development from UK SDR to EU Article 8 & 9
- Opportunities and challenges of green and sustainability-linked bonds
- Sophisticated sustainability investors’ asset allocation strategy
- Turning impact measurement into an alpha advantage
Championing female-led organisations
As part of our Women Mean Business event-long programme highlighting the voices of extraordinary women, we’ve partnered with two high-impact female-led charities, Task Force Nyx and Lotus Flower.
Task Force Nyx, fights for the futures and freedoms of Afghan women and girls, rescuing at-risk Afghan women's rights activists and their allies.
The Lotus Flower, empowers vulnerable women and girls impacted by conflict and displacement so that they are safe, have opportunities to learn, given the tools to become financially independent.
Hear how Laura Deitz (CEO, Task Force Nyx) and Taban Shoresh (Founder & CEO, Lotus Flower) are leading change and find out what it takes to achieve the impossible and how you can help.
Eliminating single-use materials
From flooring to lightbulbs, we are rapidly moving away from the use of single-use exhibition builds. Here's how...
- Booths: exhibitor stands are refurbished and reused from event to event so there is no waste
- Banners: no longer destined for landfill, the PVC type material used for banners is 100% recyclable and eco-friendly ink is used when printing onto all materials.
- Flooring: all floorcovering used is now 100% recyclable
- Electrics: installations are environmentally friendly and produce zero waste. Spotlights used are very low-wattage so require a low power supply to run.
- Digital app: exhibitors are encouraged to minimize handouts by utilising our digital download QR code technology at their booths.
Leading the standard for sustainability
As the first event in Informa plc to achieve Carbon Neutral Event Certification, we are committed to staying current with the latest research and evolving our approach to reducing our carbon footprint. We’re supporting 10+ projects including:
- Improved rice cultivation in China
- Gas leak reduction in Bangladesh
- Clean water and cooking in Guatemala
- Gola Rainforest REDD+ in Sierra Leone
What you can do to help
- Bring your own bottle and help reduce single-use water bottle waste - Hydrachill Water Refilling Stations are available throughout the venue
- Paper-only name badges without plastic holders are administered and you can recycle your lanyard in the Zero Waste Boxes dotted around the venue
- Consider opting for vegetarian and vegan food options and avoid waste
- Reusable coffee cups and mugs will be provided on-site
How are we building a sustainable event?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want IMpower (incorporating FundForum) to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities
IMpower (incorporating FundForum) will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Creating less waste and discouraging giveaways from exhibitor stands and media partners
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim is to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the investment management market
- Developing close partnerships with charities, companies and associations and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including diversity & inclusion, gender balance, sustainability trends, the impact on the environment & more...
FasterForward to zero
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>