We're committed to running an event that is environmentally sustainable and socially responsible.
For 2022 we are happy to announce that through a second year of partnership with our sponsor Ninety One, the event ran as carbon neutral. This includes our attendees travel and hotel stays, as well as the events logistics, waste, and catering.
From dedicated debates on the agenda to changes in the way we build our exhibition - we're going further than ever to embed sustainability in everything we do.
How are we going further?
The Grimaldi Forum
ISO 14001 certified
The Grimaldi Forum is one of Europe's first congress and culture centres to hold ISO 14001:2015 environmental management certification.
Their eco-responsibility movement involves the implementation of measures including: introduction of waste sorting, recycling of carpeting and PVC signage sheeting, using ecocertified products, reducing electricity consumption by using low-voltage light bulbs etc.
Access for people with reduced mobility
All spaces of the Grimaldi Forum are accessible for people with reduced mobility, thanks to elevators serving all the establishment.
World-class content on sustainability & impact investing
Our Sustainability & Impact Stage is dedicated to providing the latest updates and information on:
- The rise of crypto in the age of ESG
- Shifting allocation preferences in sustainable, impact and thematic funds
- What investing for net zero looks like in developed and emerging markets
- New opportunities for asset management to help the needs of society and the wider economy
Sustainable water source
We partnered with Canowater for IMpower 2022, providing you with a sustainable source of drinking water throughout the event.
Resealable and fully recyclable, the cans of water allow you to ditch single-use plastic and they take up less space and weigh less than glass bottles.
A million mangroves - with Informa
We were proud to support Informa's Million Mangroves Project at IMpower 2022, in partnership with Pinebridge.
Attendees were able to use the event app to scan QR codes on exhibitor stands in the exhibition hall to earn points which went towards planting a mangrove.
Charity partner 2022 - Blue Marine Foundation
We partnered with the Blue Marine Foundation in 2022.
To celebrate, we hosted oceanside drinks at the Monaco Yacht Club with an opening message from the Blue Marine Foundation on the amazing work they're doing to protect our oceans.
Supporting our sponsors and exhibitors
We're working more closely than ever with our sponsors and exhibitors to ensure we all commit to doing the right thing for our customers, colleagues, and the communities we serve.
Every exhibiting sponsor is provided with a 10 point checklist to help plan their presence at the event including information on donating to local and industry charities and how to engage with attendees on their stands without prize giveaways or hard copy flyers/leaflets/brochures being handed out. Instead, delegates can use the event app to scan QR codes and download information from our partners and sponsors.
How are we building a sustainable event?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want IMpower (incorporating FundForum) to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities
IMpower (incorporating FundForum) will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Creating less waste and discouraging giveaways from exhibitor stands and media partners
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim is to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the investment management market
- Developing close partnerships with charities, companies and associations and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including diversity & inclusion, gender balance, sustainability trends, the impact on the environment & more...
FasterForward to zero
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>