Application deadline 27 August 2024
Learn international trade and maritime law and understand how commercial trade ventures may give rise to legal issues
In Partnership with the World Maritime University
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COURSE?
If you have questions or you would like to talk to one of our Education Consultants, get in touch! Contact +44 (0) 20 8052 2710 for extra details.
PGDip/LLM in International Maritime Law
- Introductory Module: An introduction to the English legal system
- Module 1 - International Trade Law: An Introduction to English Commercial Law and International Sales
- Module 2 - Bills of Lading Contracts
- Module 3 - Charterparty Contracts
- Module 4 - Marine Insurance Law
- Module 5 - Admiralty Law and General Average
- Module 6 - Payment and Finance for International Trade
- Module 7 - Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation
- Module 8 - Conflicts of Laws and Forum Shopping
SPECIALIST MODULE A - Ship Finance Law
SPECIALIST MODULE B - Oil and Chemical Pollution
SPECIALIST MODULE C - European Union Competition Law in Shipping
SPECIALIST MODULE D - The Four Pillars of Maritime Regulation
What you'll learn
English law is recognised internationally as a dominant legal system providing the basis for maritime and trade contracts, with London as the single most important forum for settling disputes, both through court litigation and arbitration.
This programme of study will develop your:
- Academic knowledge and awareness of international trade and maritime law,
- Increase your understanding of how commercial trade ventures may give rise to legal issues
- To allow students develop an advanced understanding of an aspect of International Maritime Law
- To further students’ understanding of the interrelation between legal research and an understanding of the rationale and limitations of International Maritime Law;
- To offer the programme in a mode of study that accommodates students’ other commitments and career development.
How you'll learn
- Postgraduate Diploma:
18-month programme with an Introductory module, 8 core modules and 4 specialist modules, all compulsory elements of the programme. There are five assignments and a final examination.
12-month programme delivered via digital learning. You will study the Research in Business Law module and a Dissertation.
In partnership with the World Maritime University (WMU)
WMU is the global center of excellence for postgraduate maritime education, research and capacity
building. With the strength of its solid track record, it is well placed to offer Postgraduate Diploma
programmes that meet the educational and capacity building needs of maritime and ocean
constituents, including the relevant industry actors
Get the Latest Course Updates
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs