Application Deadline 6th October 2023
Learn the core aspects of international construction practice, dispute settlement, procurement and sustainability
In Partnership with Liverpool John Moores University
About this course
The LLM in International Construction Law provides a programme of postgraduate study which will develop your academic knowledge and awareness of issues in the construction law arena, and increase your understanding of the legal dimension to activities taking place in the construction field and the extent to which they might give rise to legal issues.
- Module 1 – Introduction to Law and Legal Processes – Construction Law (20 credits)
- Module 2 – Alternative Dispute Resolution (20 credits)
- Module 3 – International Dispute Resolution (IDR) (20 credits)
- Module 4 – Sustainability and Environmental Issues (20 credits)
- Module 5 – Construction Contracts (20 credits)
- Module 6 – Procurement (10 credits)
- Module 7 – Research Methods (10 credits)
- Module 8 – Dissertation (60 credits)
When does it start and how long is the course?
Starts 23rd October 2023
- The Masters Law course is delivered over 24 months
Postgraduate Certificate – Modules 1-3
Postgraduate Diploma – Modules 1-7
Masters in Law – Modules 1-8
By completing this course, you will be able to:
- Analyse and provide solutions to common problems arising in international construction
- Scrutinise contemporary case studies and emerging case law applicable to arbitration
- Critically assess the various bodies and methods providing international dispute resolution
- Compose resolutions for complex legal issues relating to sustainability in the built environment and more!
Assessed by Liverpool John Moores University
- To successfully complete the course you must pass each module.
- Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
Get the Latest Course Updates
Achieve your LLM from anywhere in the world!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge