Study the technical and management elements of ship superintendency
Designed by the School of Engineering at Liverpool John Moores University
MSc Marine Technical Superintendent
- Module 1 - Marine Technology Management
- Module 2 - Maritime Economics and Management
- Module 3 - Law and Marine Insurance
- Module 4 - Marine Maintenance and Asset Management
- Module 5 - Maritime and Offshore Safety Analysis
- Module 6 - Research Methods
- Module 7 - Project Management
- Final Module - MSc Project
What you'll learn
- Explain the essential role and responsibilities of the marine technical superintendent as a manager in the safe and effective operation of a vessel or offshore facility
- Explain and evaluate various aspects of marine operations including chartering
- Critically appraise the marine insurance business and the principles of risk-transfer
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the lifecycle of a vessel and offshore structure from construction to scrappage
- Demonstrate the analyses required for safety evaluation from both design and operation aspect
- Critically review/analyse and reflect on the work of other practitioners/researchers
- Analyse and critically appraise a project in terms of time, cost and quality
- Select, evaluate and apply critical thinking to an organisational/industry issue or problem
When does it start and how long is the course?
We offer one start date per academic year.
The programme must be completed within:
PGCert: 9 months
PGDip: 15 months
MSc: 24 months
How is the course Assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass each module. Assessment may incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays. You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students. There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
100% online – learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge