Application Deadline: 9 September 2024
Study the technical and management elements of ship superintendency
Designed by the School of Engineering at Liverpool John Moores University
In Partnership with Liverpool John Moores University
MSc Marine Technical Superintendent Online Course
- Module 1 – Marine Technology Management
- Module 2 – Maritime Economics and Management
- Module 3 – Law and Marine Insurance
- Module 4 – Marine Maintenance and Asset Management
- Module 5 – Maritime and Offshore Safety Analysis
- Module 6 – Research Methods
- Module 7 – Project Management
- Final Module – MSc Project
By completing this course, you will be able to...
- Explain the essential role and responsibilities of the marine technical superintendent as a manager in the safe and effective operation of a vessel or offshore facility
- Explain and evaluate various aspects of marine operations including chartering
- Critically appraise the marine insurance business and the principles of risk-transfer
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the lifecycle of a vessel and offshore structure from construction to scrappage
- Demonstrate the analyses required for safety evaluation from both design and operation aspect
Assessed by Liverpool John Moores University
- To successfully complete the course you must pass each module.
- Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
Get the Latest Course Updates
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge