Prioritizing sustainability is critical to the PM Springfest team, and our parent company Informa as we realize our events cause environment impact. PM Springfest is striving to identify, understand, and address these impacts to achieve continual improvement year after year.
Not only are we committed to running our events in an environmentally and socially responsible way, but we also strive to go further and inspire the sustainable development of the industry we serve, and the community we foster. PM Springfest is powered by renewable electricity, helping us in our journey towards Net Zero.
- Tracking all wastage and energy usage from our events.
- Purchasing renewable energy to offset our carbon emissions for our PM Springfest events.
- Reducing lighting and HVAC throughout move in and move out. As well as turning off the down elevators.
- Eliminating show guides from show to save on paper and printing.
- Removing the aisle carpet.
- Reducing materials and giveaways (“swag") ordered for the event.
- Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building is a LEED gold certified facility.
- The MTCC diverts 90% of waste from landfill by recycling including batteries and bulbs, composting, food and material donation to Toronto’s District School Board Student Nutrition Program and Habitat for Humanity.
- The MTCC operates six beehives on the roof of the South building. Each hive is home to 50,000 bees which help support the preservation of essential pollinators in our city to producing delicious honey for our culinary team. Along with a chef’s garden which allows home-grown fresh ingredients to be used as much as possible.
- The MTCC uses Enwave Energy’s Deep Lake Water Cooling system. This system uses cold water extracted from Lake Ontario to cool our South Building allowing for a significant reduction in GHG emissions & electrical consumption.
- The MTCC uses Voyage Control to reduce traffic and emissions in the local area by eliminating idle time for vehicles.
For more information on Metro Toronto Convention Centre sustainability initiatives click here
Here at PM Springfest we have a lot of goals, some short-term whilst others are looking forward into the future. Over 80% of our attendees say it is important that our event is run in a sustainable way, and we agree. Annually our team work together to create substantial goals based around sustainability, community and diversity and inclusion.
This year, PM Springfest will focus on the following fundamental goals:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Commitment: Our goal is to create an inclusive event and to encourage a balance of different genders, races, ages, ethnicities, abilities, and educational backgrounds across the speaker faculty.
Make an Positive Impact in Our Community: PM Springfest is partnering with Building Up, find them at Booth #699 to learn more.
Tips on How You Can Help!
- Travel to PM Springfest using public transit or carpool.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to refill.
- While on-site please use the waste/recycling/composting bins correctly.
- Scan QR code to use our show guide.
- Donate to our local charity.
- Attend the content based around sustainability.
- Reduce physical handouts, opt for a QR code instead
- Reuse and recycle your booth and signage. Create signage without dates so it can be reused.
- Avoid materials such as foam, plastic, and chemicals or adhesives
- Use energy efficient LED lights whenever possible to highlight areas and products within your booth, while keeping energy consumption minimal.
- During Move-In/Move Out ensure you utilize the cardboard & hard/soft plastic recycling bins. If elements of your display cannot be recycled — consider donating re-usable material to companies like Habitat for Humanity.
FasterForward to Zero
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers, and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more
Diversity & Inclusivity at PM Springfest
For PM Springfest to remain relevant for the next generation of leaders, we must push diversity hard at every turn, changing established thinking. And giving access to opportunities where you can learn more about each other and topics that drive change is our goal. Everything we do goes towards creating the ultimate experience: making a safe, inclusive space for people to gather and celebrate together.