MSc Terrorism, Policing and Security Studies
The course syllabus is designed to provide a comprehensive insight into the current issues facing the security industry and police forces. As the terrorist threat increases in numbers and complexity, professionals need a strong understanding of policework’s role in counter-terrorism.
- Module 1 - Security Studies
- Module 2 - Military and Security Responses to Terrorism
- Module 3 - Policing and Society
- Module 4 - Community Policing Responses to Violent Extremism
- Module 5 - Intelligence Analysis
- Module 6 - Contemporary Issues in Crime, Safety and Security
- Module 7 - Terrorism, Security & Policing Dissertation
What you'll learn
- Gain solid understanding of the many problems facing the international community today.
- Investigate relevant policing, security and terrorism issues and connects the role of policing to the broader role of security and counter-terrorism.
- Discover how law enforcement, security forces and politicians are trying to counter and combat threats in a global environment.
When does it start and how long is the course?
We offer one start date per academic year (September).
The programme must be completed within:
- PGCert: 11 months
- PGDip: 22 months
- MSc: 28 months
How is the course assessed?
- To successfully complete the course you must pass each module.
- Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
Empowering you to achieve your LLM or Master's Degree from anywhere in the world!
Looking for a world renowned Digital Learning programme?
Boost your CV or gain a qualification in the Legal, Finance, Security, Terrorism or Maritime sectors with one of our Academic Programmes - 100% Online!
Why choose Informa Connect
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs