Exclusive site visit
As a part of your ticket enjoy a guided tour of the Klaipeda Small Scale LNG Terminal
KLAIPĖDA LNG RELOADING STATION
The LNG reloading station (LNG RS) is an on-shore LNG terminal operated on a third-party access basis.
The LNG supply chain in Klaipėda consists of the LNG reloading station and the LNG terminal.
The LNG reloading station is designed for accepting LNG from small-scale carriers, for temporary storing it and loading it to LNG trucks or vessels. LNG may also be loaded into containers of standard size compliant with ISO, which may be transported by rail and by road.
LNG can be imported to the LNG reloading station from Klaipėda LNG terminal or other terminals in the Baltic Sea or the North Sea.
LNG reloading station enables the development of the LNG infrastructure in the Baltic States and Poland. Off-grid consumers are guaranteed with energy supply and opportunities to use the advantages of clean energy.
Furthermore, development of small-scale LNG infrastructure enables the use of LNG as clean fuel in shipping and heavy road transport.
The facility of the LNG reloading station consists of:
- LNG storage tanks situated on the shore;
- A jetty fully equipped for LNG loading and LNG reloading;
- LNG truck loading bays with all necessary equipment for LNG truck loading;
- LNG regasification unit for gas delivery to KN boiler house.
Services of the LNG reloading station
The following services are provided at the LNG reloading station:
- LNG discharge from carriers to the LNG reloading station;
- LNG storage in the reloading station‘s tanks up to 60 calendar days;
- LNG loading to LNG trucks, LNG carriers and bunkering of LNG powered vessels.