Plan Your Visit
There will be a variety of different transportation methods available during your trip. Basel is located in the north of Switzerland in the centre of Europe with great connections both by train and plane.
Information on a discounted Deutsche Bahn train ticket to Basel Bad (Badischer Bahnhof, within walking distance from venue), exclusively available for delegates of BIO-Europe Spring.
EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (IATA code: BSL and/or MLH)
- Public transport: Bus number 50 to SBB /SNCF railway station. From there, tram number 1 or 2 to Messe Basel
- 15 minutes by car or taxi from Messe Basel
All BIO-Europe Spring attendees will receive the free BaselCard when checking in to the hotel. On arrival, you can use free public transport already using your hotel booking confirmation.
The BaselCard will allow you to:
- Use public transport for free (e.g from central station or airport)
- Get 50% cultural and recreational activities and other exclusive advantages
For visa requirements, please visit Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA).
Should you require an invitation letter for your visa application, please email EBDbilling@informa.com with the information below, and they will be happy to issue the letter for you.
- Full Name as shown on passport
- Passport Number
- Date of Issue
- Date of Expiry
- Date of Birth