Mark Your Calendar for BPI Europe 2023!
9-12 May 2023,
RAI in Amsterdam
CHAMPIONING SUSTAINABILITY AT BIOPROCESS INTERNATIONAL
At BPI Europe, we are committed to running events which are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. From the innovative ways we interact onsite to the radical changes in the way we build our exhibition - here is a breakdown of how we are embedding sustainability in everything we do.
We are proud to deliver you a sustainable event by launching several new initiatives noted below.
The venue have walking and running maps on their website.
World Obesity Federation Accreditation
The venue are a Bronze Healthy Venue accredited by the World Obesity Federation.
Licensee of the Austrian Ecolabel for Green Meetings & Green Event
We aim at organising the event according to the criteria of the Austrian Ecolabel for Green Meetings & Green Event.
Green Meeting Agent: Isabella Pulley (Isabella.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Food and Beverage
We will be supplying vegetarian and vegan options.
Reducing Carbon Emissions
Eliminating 2354sqm of aisle carpet we've reduced 21 metric tonnes of carbon emissions
The event will be carbon offset.
The event is powered by Renewable Electricity.
Fully digital: no more paper onsite for agendas.
HOW ARE WE BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE EVENT?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want BPI Europe to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities
BPI Europe will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Designing our events to eliminate waste
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim is for BPI Europe to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the bioprocessing industry
- Developing close partnerships with relevant charities, companies and associations and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including diversity & inclusion, gender balance, sustainability trends, the impact on the environment & more.
The location of our discounted-rate hotels are close enough to the BPI Europe Conference that you could walk. This is a great way to incorporate some exercise in your day and also reduce carbon emissions.
Register your conference pass and hotel accommodations early to maximise your savings. Book your hotel accommodations at the link below to receive discounted rates at several nearby hotels within walking distance to the Messe Wien Congress Centre.
Fraud Advisory: Informa Connect does not have a 3rd party hotel booking agency representing this event aside from the below links. If you are contacted to book accommodation by any agency this is not recommended, as they are unknown to Informa Connect and the hotel.
Two underground stations are located a stone’s throw away from the venue’s main entrances.
*U2 partly closed due to underground network extension!
From End of May 2021 until Fall 2023 the U2 only operates between stations Schottentor and Seestadt.
Direct replacement along the Ring Boulevard are the tram lines D, 1, 2 and 71.
An additional tram line is operating as U2/ (between Schottenring and Karlsplatz)
The U1 has increased intervals during peak hours.
More information: https://www.wienerlinien.at/web/wl-en/intersection-u2-u5
FASTERFORWARD TO ZERO
FasterForward is BPI Europe's approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Enable one million disconnected people to access networks and knowledge by 2025
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>
Code of Conduct
In all interactions and in every place we operate, Informa is committed to doing so lawfully, ethically and with integrity.
Our Code of Conduct and other global policies, some of which are listed in the link below, provide guidance on how to apply these commitments to the way we work.
They cover how we work with each other, with our customers, suppliers and other key partners and communities.