An introduction to regulatory and survey practices
Develop your understanding of marine surveying – for maritime professionals and potential surveyors.
Certificate in Marine Surveying online course
- Module 1 – Introduction to Marine Surveying
- Module 2 – Survey Organisations/ Statutory Bodies and the Roles which they Perform
- Module 3 – The Responsibilities of the Survey Companies, Surveyors, Owners and Crew
- Module 4 – Shoreside Surveys, Onboard Surveys and Surveys in Dry Dock
- Module 5 – Survey Types and How to Prepare for Them
- Module 6 – Ensuring Safety During Surveys
What you'll learn
- The background to the marine surveying industry
- The role of the survey organisations and the statutory bodies (regulatory bodies, class societies, etc) in marine surveying and why these are important for the marine surveyor.
- The responsibilities of the various parties involved in marine surveying activity; from the ship owner to the surveyor, the interaction between the surveyor and other parties, and how to avoid transfer of responsibility.
- The differences between surveying a vessel in different locations and in different conditions.
- How to prepare for the different types of survey, including Classification and Statutory surveys in their various guises.
- How do surveyors ensure that the survey is safe, and that it remains safe throughout its duration?
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
100% Online - Learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge