NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND!
Scheduled: Course Starts 27 September 2023, 14 weeks
On-Demand: Start Now!
Create a safety culture that will enhance your reputation and corporate image
Study best practice systems and processes that go beyond compliance to boost maritime safety management.
Certificate in Maritime Safety Management & the ISM Code Online Course
- Module 1 – Introducing Maritime Safety Management and the International Safety Management (ISM) Code
- Module 2 – The Aims, Structure and Content of the ISM Code
- Module 3 – Operational Safety Management
- Module 4 – Risk and Quality Management
- Module 5 – Auditing, Measurement and Improvement Systems
- Module 6 – Safety Management and a Safety Culture
- Module 7 – Introduction to Cyber Security in Shipping
What you'll learn
- Understand the demands that the ISM Code has placed on the maritime industry and individual companies.
- Avoid the pitfalls that many Safety Management Systems contain and be confident in using the system.
- Look at technological developments and identify if they are useful to the SMS they are operating.
- Understand the concept and use of quality management systems and other management systems.
- Grasp the fundamentals of maintenance systems and their application to ships.
- Conceptualise the steps and methods of conducting a safety investigation.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Claim your digital badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your award, demonstrated skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labour market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs