Our naval architecture course gives you a clear, concise, and comprehensive introduction to the discipline
This tutored professional development programme teaches the essential characteristics of a ship’s design and how they affect its behaviour in the marine environment.
Certificate in Naval Architecture Syllabus
- Module 1 – Introduction to Naval Architecture
- Module 2 – Hydrostatics
- Module 3 – The Marine Environment
- Module 4 – Operating in the Marine Environment
- Module 5 – Durability in the Marine Environment
- Module 6 – Regulatory Frameworks and Ship Maintenance
- Module 7 – Fundamentals of Ship Design
What you'll learn
- What naval architecture involves
- Prepare the ship’s loading and sailing condition, using the ship’s Hydrostatic Curves
- The sea on which the ship operates
- Name the components of resistance experienced by a ship and explain how full scale resistance maybe calculated from model experiments
- The calculations carried out to ensure an adequate ship strength both vertically and horizontally
- Broad understanding of the IMO’s conventions
- The three main stages in the design of a ship and factors considered at each stage
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
100% Online – Learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs