Fees for this programme
£3,495 / US$4,720
£5,995 / US$8,095
£7,995 / US$10,795
THIS COURSE QUALIFIES FOR A £10,609 POSTGRADUATE LOAN
If you are a UK or EU national, or have UK ‘settled status’, have lived in the UK or the EU (or wider EEA) for the last 3 years, will be living on the UK on the first day of your course and haven’t been awarded a MSc, MA, MBA or PhD already, you may be eligible for a loan of up to £10,906 from the UK Government to study this course. Visit the UK Government site for information, download the PDF guide or call the Student Loan Company on +44 (0)30 0100 0031.
You can enrol straight onto the Masters or you will be able to build up to the full Masters in future years if you enrol for the Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma first.
The fees for this would be:
- PGCert to PGDip £2,500 / US$3,375
- PGCert to MSc £4,500 / US$6,075
- PGDip to MSc £2,000 / US$2,700
The fees can be paid in GBP, US$ or €, with the Euro price being shown on the GBP invoice and charged at the exchange rate in force at the time of invoicing. When you apply to enrol on the course you will be asked to state the currency in which you wish to pay, which is not changeable once you make your selection. You will also be asked if you wish to pay the remainder of the course fee in a single payment or in instalments (details below).
Course fees are UK VAT exempt.
An application fee of £400/US$520 is payable with your application to enrol. This fee must be paid before your application to enrol commences processing. For convenience, the online Informa Connect registration form includes the ability to pay this fee securely by credit card in GBP, USD or EUR. On acceptance to the course, this application fee is deducted from the full course fee.
Note: The application fee will be refunded if your application for enrolment is rejected by Liverpool John Moores University on academic grounds. It is not refundable if your application is rejected due to incomplete information being provided, if you withdraw your application before all documents have been submitted or before acceptance.
Payment by instalments
There is an interest free instalment plan available. You may pay in 2 instalments for the Postgraduate Certificate, 4 for the Postgraduate Diploma and 5 for the Masters. More information is available by downloading the payment information sheet here.
- A relevant second class honours degree or above (such as in criminology, social or political science), or an overseas equivalent qualification is normally required.
- Alternatively a graduate level professional qualification of comparable standard and suitable work experience (such as policing, security or military work) may be accepted.
- Proficiency in English – where English is a second language you will be required to demonstrate a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 575.
- In some cases applicants who do not possess the standard entry requirements may be permitted to enrol at the discretion of the programme leader.
How to apply
To apply for this programme you will need to complete the online application form, which can be accessed here or by clicking the "Apply Now" button on the top right hand side of this page.
As part of your application you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Copies of any academic/ professional certificates
- A copy of your CV
- A personal statement explaining your reasons for choosing the course and your interest in the subject
- A copy of the back page of your passport showing the photo and passport number
These should be uploaded to the application form or can be emailed direct to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have problems uploading. These must be submitted before you can be accepted.
Once you are ready, please complete the online application form where you will also be asked to submit credit card details for payment of the application fee as detailed above. Students who do not provide credit card details will be invoiced and your application will not be submitted for acceptance until the application fee has been paid. The application fee is refundable should your application not be accepted on academic grounds.
The application deadline for the 3rd September 2021 course intake start date is 13th September 2021. Applications which are incomplete at this date will not be accepted, and applications received after this date will unfortunately be rejected.