Application Deadline 30th August 2022
An innovative and ground-breaking course that offers insight into the world of covert investigation and intelligence
Gain a solid understanding of the many challenges and opportunities facing the intelligence and covert investigative community today
MSc Covert Investigation and Specialist Intelligence
- Module 1 - Human Intelligence: HUMINT
- Module 2 - Forensic Elicitation of Intelligence
- Module 3 - Covert Techniques: Legislation and Operational Capability
- Module 4 - Research Methods
- Module 5 - Case Studies in Intelligence Success and Failure
- Module 6 - Operational Ethics
- Module 7 - Intelligence Analysis
- Module 8 - Investigative Interviewing
- Module 9 - Disclosure
- Module 10 - Intelligence Sharing and Cooperation
- Module 11 - Intelligence Oversight Mechanisms
- Module 12 - Covert Investigation and Specialist Intelligence Dissertation
What you'll learn
- Key themes and debates that shape policy and practice associated with intelligence and covert investigations
- Critical areas of contemporary concern within the field including effectiveness, value, lawfulness, risks and ethics
- HUMINT collection, the elicitation of intelligence, investigative interview models, covert techniques, underpinning legislation, oversight mechanisms, intelligence sharing and analysis.
- The main conceptual and theoretical debates within the discipline of covert investigation and specialist intelligence and then apply them to current security issues at a local, national and global level
When does it start and how long is the course?
We offer one start date per academic year (September).
The programme must be completed within:
- PGCert: 11 months
- PGDip: 22 months
- MSc: 27 months
How is the course assessed?
- To successfully complete the course you must pass each module.
- Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
Empowering you to achieve your LLM or Master's Degree from anywhere in the world!
Looking for a world renowned Digital Learning programme?
Boost your CV or gain a qualification in the Legal, Finance, Security, Terrorism or Maritime sectors with one of our Academic Programmes - 100% Online!
Why choose Informa Connect
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge