A Security Management course enabling you to understand the role security management plays in combatting terrorism
Study the management of global security and the protection of people, assets and information
Masters in Security Management
The course syllabus is designed to provide a deep insight to security management, and its role in preventing global crime, terrorism, and money laundering.
- Module 1 - Security Studies
- Module 2 - Security Management
- Module 3 - International Financial Crime and Security
- Module 4 - Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism
- Module 5 - Intelligence Analysis
- Module 6 - Contemporary Issues in Crime, Safety and Security
- Module 7 - Security Management Dissertation
What you'll learn
- The debates between those seeking to retain the discipline’s focus purely on military conflict and those who argue that in a globalised world Security Studies needs to be expanded to a consideration of economic, environmental as well as social issues.
- The issue of security management and its application to protecting assets, infrastructure and people. Issues pertaining to cybersecurity, network security, corporate espionage as well as identity theft.
- The overall aspect and impact of financial crime in the context of the security of the financial system and wider security-related issues, including financing of terrorism.
- Terrorism and political violence conducted by non-state actors.
- What intelligence and analysis mean, their overall role, and their application to security-related issues of criminology and the domain of public protection.
- Emerging paradigms within counter-terrorism safety and security at both local and global levels, and to explore some justifications for the increasing ‘securitisation’ of social life.
When does it start and how long is the course?
We offer one start date per academic year (September).
The programme must be completed within:
- PGCert: 11 months
- PGDip: 22 months
- MSc: 28 months
How is the course assessed?
- To successfully complete the course you must pass each module.
- Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
Get the Latest Course Updates
Empowering you to achieve your LLM or Master's Degree from anywhere in the world!
Looking for a world renowned Digital Learning programme?
Boost your CV or gain a qualification in the Legal, Finance, Security, Terrorism or Maritime sectors with one of our Academic Programmes - 100% Online!
Why choose Informa Connect
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs