MSc Criminal Intelligence
- Module 1 - Intelligence Theories & Applications
- Module 2 - Intelligence Analysis
- Module 3 - Contemporary Issues in Crime Safety and Security
- Module 4 - History of Intelligence - Successes and Failures
- Module 5 - Forensic Elicitation of Intelligence
- Module 6 - Research Methods
- Module 7 - Intelligence Sharing and Cooperation
- Module 8 - Criminal intelligence Dissertation
What you'll learn
This innovative postgraduate Criminal Intelligence programme will give you a firm understanding of the many challenges and opportunities facing the intelligence community today. The programme examines key themes and debates that shape policy and practice associated with intelligence and investigations. It addresses critical areas of contemporary concern within the field including effectiveness, value, lawfulness, risks and ethics. It does so by exploring a wider range of subjects including collection, the elicitation of intelligence, intelligence sharing and analysis. This course has been designed to provide you with a deep and systematic understanding of the discipline, both within the UK and internationally. You will start with a solid understanding in the main conceptual and theoretical debates within the discipline of intelligence and investigations and then apply them to current security issues at a local, national and global level. To enhance critical-thinking you will study this area from academic, strategic and operational perspectives. You will develop the skills of in-depth and critical analysis and become familiar with the latest research in the discipline. By developing a critical awareness of current problems, you will secure new insights. Aimed at the criminal intelligence professional, or those wishing to pursue this as a career path, the programme provides a flexible study option of a PGCert, PGDip and MSc. The programme will enable you to better analyse and evaluate these issues, a pre-requisite for anyone with a remit that involves intelligence and investigation.
When does it start and how long is the course?
Starting in September 2022:
The programme must be completed within:
- PGCert: 11 months
- PGDip: 22 months
- MSc: 27 months
How is the course assessed?
- To successfully complete the course you must pass each module.
- Assessment will all be online with primarily written assignments and inclusion of some research tasks
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
Empowering you to achieve your Master's Degree from anywhere in the world!
Looking for a world renowned Digital Learning programme?
Boost your CV or gain a qualification in the Legal, Finance, Security, Terrorism or Maritime sectors with one of our Academic Programmes - 100% Online!
Why choose Informa Connect
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs