Application Deadline 29 August 2023
A counter terrorism course investigating the growth of terrorism, political context and countering terrorism from academic, strategic and operational perspectives
Online distance learning course tutored by experts in terrorism and law enforcement
Counter Terrorism Training Online
- Module 1 - Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism
- Module 2 - Intelligence Analysis
- Module 3 - Contemporary Issues in Crime, Safety and Security
- Module 4 - Community Policing Responses to Violent Extremism Leading to Terrorism
- Module 5 - Military and Security Responses to Terrorism
- Module 6 - Financing of Terrorism
- Module 7 - Counter-Terrorism Studies Dissertation
What you'll learn
- Counter-terrorism and other responses by the state, the security services and the police.
- What intelligence and analysis mean, their overall role, and their application to security related issues of criminology and the domain of public protection.
- Emerging paradigms within counter-terrorism safety and security at both local and global levels, and to explore some justifications for the increasing ‘securitisation’ of social life.
- The causes of Islamic radicalisation that leads onto violent extremism and terrorism.
- The wide variety of techniques deployed by the military and security services.
- How various terrorist groups finance themselves and/or gain finances from wider sources in order to operate whilst sustaining a clandestine organisation in the longer term.
When does it start and how long is the course?
We offer one start date per academic year (September).
The programme must be completed within:
- PGCert: 11 months
- PGDip: 22 months
- MSc: 28 months
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass each module. Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays. You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students. There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
100% Online - Learn from wherever you are!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs