Application Deadline 30 August 2022
Examine key issues in intelligence, security and security studies at local, national and global levels
Applying intelligence and analytical thinking to security situations
MSc Intelligence and Security Studies
The course syllabus is designed to provide a thorough analysis of important intelligence and security events and issues from the late 20th century to present day. Connect the practical basis of intelligence to the broader issues facing the international system.
- Module 1 - Security Studies
- Module 2 - Intelligence Analysis
- Module 3 - International Financial Crime and Security
- Module 4 - Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism
- Module 5 - History of Intelligence: Success and Failures
- Module 6 - Contemporary Issues in Crime, Safety and Security
- Module 7 - Intelligence & Security Studies Dissertation
What you'll learn
- Analyse important intelligence and security events and issues from the late 20th century to today and connects the practical basis of intelligence to the broader issues facing the international system.
- Focus on understanding and applying intelligence and analytical thinking to practical problems by looking at current and emerging security problems as well as evaluating potential solutions to these issues.
- Discover how policing, law enforcement and politicians are trying to counter and combat threats in a global environment.
When does it start and how long is the course?
We offer one start date per academic year (September).
The programme must be completed within:
- PGCert: 11 months
- PGDip: 22 months
- MSc: 28 months
How is the course assessed?
- To successfully complete the course you must pass each module.
- Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
Empowering you to achieve your LLM or Master's Degree from anywhere in the world!
Looking for a world renowned Digital Learning programme?
Boost your CV or gain a qualification in the Legal, Finance, Security, Terrorism or Maritime sectors with one of our Academic Programmes - 100% Online!
Why choose Informa Connect
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs