The Diploma in Harbour Masters provides the underpinning knowledge to enable the present and future harbour masters, and their staff, to meet the key role in managing the marine safety functions of a port or harbour. As the first professional development course for Harbour Masters (and their staff), this thorough 12-month programme aims to provide the knowledge needed for the role in support of “on the job” training.
Studied part-time and by distance learning, it is a popular course with Harbour Masters wishing to update and/or formalise their knowledge, and particularly their staff wishing to progress their career, plus potential Harbour Masters wishing to start their career.
The course is internationally recognised and delivered in conjunction with the International Harbour Masters’ Association. It has been recognised by the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency and by the UK Harbour Masters Association, and it is supported by The International Association of Ports and Harbours and The Marine Society.
- Existing Harbour Masters and Port Captains seeking to update and consolidate their knowledge
- Deputy/Assistant Harbour Masters preparing to progress their careers
- Pilots and VTS Operators, Managers and Supervisors seeking wider education
- Harbour personnel including Marine Officers and Operations Managers who want to increase their knowledge
- New entrants and marine operations apprentices seeking subject knowledge
- Seafarers wishing to develop a career in port marine safety management
- Maritime professionals looking to study marine safety management
Log into your existing or create an Informa Connect account to download the latest course prospectus. Once logged in, you will have unrestricted access to all Lloyd's Maritime Academy content
(across the entire course portfolio).