IHMA Course Bursary for the Diploma for Harbour Masters
What is the International Harbour Master’s Association (IHMA) bursary?
The IHMA provides a bursary for any current Full or Associate member.
One bursary is offered per intake and covers 50% of the applicable online course fee.
Further information and membership details for the IHMA can be found at www.harbourmaster.org
Assessment of bursary applications
The process of judging who should be awarded the bursary is undertaken by the relevant awarding association. The closing date for applications is Thursday, 17th March 2022. When applying, please note the below:
- Applications must be submitted on the official application form only (with the exception of the statement of motivation which can be submitted on a separate sheet)
- All questions on the application form are to be completed in full – any incomplete applications cannot be assessed and will be rejected
- Confirmation is required by the senior manager or independent financial source that funding for the other 50% of course fees is secured
- Confirmation of paid-up membership of the IHMA is required – non-members cannot apply for the bursary and will be rejected
- Applications are reviewed on merit however any that are overburdened with errors (poor English, spelling errors, etc.) will be rejected – please proofread your application carefully
How to apply
Please note that all successful recipients must also complete the application for enrolment form and must meet Lloyd’s Maritime Academy entry requirements. Contact us for more details.
Terms & Conditions
- The bursary does not offer any transfer of money to a participant
- The bursary applies for the April 2022 intake of the course
- The bursary covers 50% of the base online course fee only
- The successful bursary applicant will be required to complete the application for enrolment form and to accept the course terms and conditions
- The successful bursary applicant must be prepared to partake in marketing concerning their award
- The course is taught by online distance learning and as such does not offer any rights for the invitation, travel, or attendance in the UK
- The decision of the award panel and Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is final