Diploma in Harbour Masters
- Module 1 - Role and Functions of a Harbour Master
- Module 2 - Managing Marine Operations
- Module 3 - Managing Harbour Staff
- Module 4 - Finance and Asset Management
- Module 5 - Marine Environmental Management
- Module 6 - Managing Pilotage Services
- Module 7 - Managing Vessel Traffic Services
- Module 8 - Port Security and the ISPS Code
- Module 9 - Managing Emergencies
- Module 10 - Strategy, Marketing and Media
- Module 11 - Managing Leisure Use in the Port
What you'll learn
- Develop your knowledge of the full scope of the Harbour Master and marine safety management role
- Study the management of safe navigation and the provision of pilotage and vessel traffic services
- Investigate important issues related to managing the marine environment
- Examine the key issues of port security, emergency planning and incident response
- Explore the role of the Harbour Master in relation to the supervision of recreational leisure activities
- Study important management roles in personnel management, finance management, strategic planning and public relations
Supported by the IHMA
Delivered in partnership between the International Harbour Masters Association and Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, the course provides the marine safety and management knowledge required by harbour masters and port captains around the world, as well as their deputies and others with responsibility for the marine functions of a port or harbour. It is also ideal for anyone with an interest in preparing themselves to enter this profession, particularly seafarers.
MBA (Harbour Masters) - Diploma Continuation
The Diploma in Harbour Masters has been academically assessed to provide 60 credits of prior learning accreditation towards a unique MBA delivered in partnership between Lloyd's Maritime Academy and Middlesex University.
When choosing a course provider for your harbour master training, it’s necessary to consider whether the course is connected to an actual harbour master with membership of the International Harbour Masters’ Association (IHMA). This aspect is important because a programme being fed into by a practising harbour master connected to the IHMA will provide greater value both in terms of course content and career opportunities. IHMA works exclusively with Lloyd's Maritime Academy to offer a programme lead by a harbour master with access to IHMA’s governing body to provide the most current advice and guidance on port operations and career development
100% Online – Learn from wherever you are
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd’s Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs