Diploma in Maritime Business Management
- Module 1 - The Shipping Business
- Module 2 - Management Concepts
- Module 3 - Maritime Law
- Module 4 - Ship Operations and Crew Management
- Module 5 - Maritime Regulation and Industry Bodies
- Module 6 - Marine Insurance
- Module 7 - Chartering Policy of Shipping Companies
- Module 8 - Marketing Strategy of Shipping Companies
- Module 9 - Financial Management in a Maritime Business
- Module 10 - Maritime Logistics
- Case Study - Pervasive Issues in Maritime Business Management
What you'll learn
- Identify the principles of global trade, maritime economics and shipping market cycles
- Comprehend and identify the various types of plans used by shipping companies and learn how to apply basic planning rules
- Examine the legal framework of the maritime industry
- Explore the management interrelationship between a shipping company, their crew and vessels
- Summarise the key regulations and codes that affect shipping and seafarers
- Understand the basis of marine insurance policies and clauses
- Appraise the chartering policy of shipowners in the bulk and liner market
- Discuss the role of marketing as a tool for the improvement of chartering policy
- Comprehend budgeting, costing and forecasting processes
- Explore port management and operations
- Integrate learning from across the course to a topical case study situation
Assessed and awarded by North Kent College
Delivered in partnership between the National Maritime Training Centre at North Kent College and Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, the course continues to be the ideal professional development course for existing ship managers, prospective ship managers and for those who work alongside the ship management sector.
MBA (Maritime Business Management) - Diploma Continuation
The Diploma in Maritime Business Management has been academically assessed to provide 60 credits of prior learning accreditation towards a unique MBA delivered in partnership between Lloyd's Maritime Academy and Middlesex University.
100% Online - Learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs