Sustainability & Inclusion Scholarship Program
SUPPORTING THE FINTECH THAT SUPPORTS OUR WORLD
Spotlighting underrepresented founders and startups tackling climate change, diversity, and financial inclusion.
Sustainable & Inclusive Fintech
As the world’s leading fintech demo event, Finovate has shown first-hand the power fintech has to drive change, and that includes social and environmental changes.
Leading companies and brands are championing financial inclusion, diversity, and sustainability to drive the change they want to see in the world.
That’s exactly why we run this scholarship program: To highlight and help the individuals and companies driving fintech forward through sustainable and equitable practices.
Selected for FinovateEurope 2023, Your Juno engages 50,000+ users around financial education. -->
With our demo scholarship program, Finovate spotlights underrepresented founders and startups tackling climate change, diversity, and financial inclusion. TAZI AI, who won Best of Show at FinovateEurope 2023, is a great example.
The program also helps us expand our demo lineups to include more voices, more perspectives, and more cutting-edge thinking within fintech, which is an incredibly important initiative.
FIVE SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
At each event, we select companies for these scholarships, granting them complimentary demo participation. Interested companies should apply through the application form above when available.
To apply for these scholarships, fintech and tech companies must have less than $7M USD in funding. All distribution channels (B2B, B2C, B2B2C) are considered.
Available to companies pursuing climate-related, environmental, or green fintech
Available to companies that emphasize responsible governance and leadership
Person of Color Founded/Owned
Available to companies with person-of-color founders or owners
Scholarship Demo Package
Companies selected for these scholarships will be granted complimentary demo participation and join the marketing campaign for scholarship selection.
- 7 minute demo on the main stage during the general session (single track)
- Physical demo stand in the exhibition hall on the day of your demo (includes monitor, internet and power)
- Two passes for your speakers to the event
- 50% discounted passes for your contacts and colleagues
- 20% discounted passes for your followers
- 30-minute one-on-one coaching for demo skills and format with Greg Palmer
- 10-minute demo rehearsal at the venue on the day before the event
- Chance to win the coveted Best of Show award
- Event platform and networking app access to chat and schedule meetings with attendees
- Free access to lead retrieval app at your demo stand + lead report of scanned attendees
- Lead reports from attendees who watched your demo session at the venue and on demand
- Lead reports for attendees who visited your digital demo booth on the event platform
- Attendee list with titles & organizations before the event
- Media & analyst list with contact details before the event
- A full-page profile in the event booklet given to all attendees
- Marketing campaign for scholarship selection and sustainability participation
- Video of your demo for your own use
- Demo video hosted on Finovate.com for at least one year with 380,000+ visitors/year
- Dedicated post on Finovate's blog - 31,000+ visitors/month
- Company & speaker profiles on event website - 55,000+ visitors/year
- Social media postings on Twitter and LinkedIn - 45,000+ and 7,000+ followers
- Visibility in emails sent to database of 170,000+ senior fintech decision makers
- Lifetime coverage of your company's future notable events to our digital community (e.g., product launches, industry awards, etc.)
Frequently Asked Questions
When will we know if our application has been selected for a scholarship?
We'll review applications on a rolling basis. At the latest, we'll confirm selection status within 30 days of receiving your application.
When is the application deadline?
Please apply early! We'll review applications for scholarships on a rolling basis.
If you apply for a scholarship that is no longer available or are not selected for your desired scholarship, we can still consider your application for a traditional demo if you'd like us to.
Is a scholarship demo different to a traditional demo?
Scholarship demos will receive the traditional demo package. In addition, they will also receive marketing and branding as part of the scholarship program and recognition.
If we've already been selected for a traditional demo, can we still apply for the scholarship?
Unfortunately, no. Only applications specifically for the scholarships will be considered.
Can a scholarship demo win Best of Show?
Yes, all demos are included in Best of Show voting. Here's more information on how the audience determines Best of Show.
Can we apply for a scholarship for more than one event?
Unfortunately, no. This program aims to give exposure to as many startups as possible. Companies will only receive a scholarship once.
My company doesn’t fit your scholarship categories, but I still believe our initiative is a worthy cause.
We'll evaluate scholarship categories on an annual basis. Please reach out explaining what you are focused on and why you think it warrants inclusion in our scholarship program.