Fundamentals of the Securities Trade Lifecycle training course
Learn how to
- Understand the terminology used in the settlement process, and the critical market infrastructure
- Explain aspects of the securities marketplace which affect the successful processing and management of securities trades
- Describe equity and bond securities including their similarities and differences – including risk mitigation, calculating interest, the role and importance of securities and counterparty static data
- Define the impact of Settlement Discipline and Mandatory Buy-Ins (re CSD regulation)
- Explain in detail the sequential steps in the securities trade lifecycle eg. the matching of settlement instructions, trade settlement and the resultant reconciliation process
Case studies and practical sessions
- Debt fundamentals - Calculating the cash flows and accrued interest for a fixed income asset
- Collateral management - Calculating daily margining requirements
- Security trade lifecycle - Calculating cash proceeds of on-exchange equity trades and identifying matched and unmatched status and required actions
Very insightful, very practical. Excellent… Enjoyed the practical anecdotes to the technical material
Why choose IFF Training?
Learn from the best
- Track Record - we have been delivering expert training to the banking, finance and energy sectors since 1991
- Innovation - our courses are continually reviewed so you can be sure they are focusing on the most current issues
- Knowledge - all of our trainers are highly experienced practitioners and leading subject matter experts so you can be confident you are learning from the best
- Small Class Sizes - to aid learning and increase your personal interaction with the trainer
- Value - we provide a practical training experience with skills that can be used immediately to gain a tangible return on your investment
Your digital badge
BROADCAST YOUR ABILITIES WHERE YOU WANT, WHEN YOU WANT.
Receive a digital badge on completion of your Fundamentals of the Securities Lifecycle course!
Powered by Credly, your IFF Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your qualification.
- Make your achievements, a permanent, verifiable part of your Social Media profiles
- Add your badge to an email signature, resume, or website
- Send your badge directly to a colleague, a recruiter or your employer with a customisable email and more!
Engaging in Continuing Professional Development ensures that both academic and practical qualifications do not become out-dated or obsolete; allowing individuals to continually ‘up skill’ or ‘re-skill’, regardless of occupation, age or educational level. This course has been assessed and is CPD certified.