CHAMPIONING SUSTAINABILITY AT HRSE
Bringing the HR community together to build a sustainable future
We are committed to #HRSEDXB having a positive impact on people and the planet; from minimizing carbon emissions and waste by changing how we run our events, to empowering our diverse communities and partnerships. We want to play a key role in shaping the sustainability of the HR industry by connecting people with the networks and knowledge they need to help solve the big challenges ahead.
SUSTAINABILITY AT HRSE
We know sustainability is increasingly important to our attendees and exhibitors, as well as to our market as a whole. Running an event gives us lots of opportunities to improve our impacts environmentally, socially and economically in our host cities. We want to make our event more responsible and play a role in helping our markets improve its own sustainability through connecting people with the networks and knowledge they want to help solve the big challenges in our sector.
We believe a sustainable event focusses on three key aims:
Inspiring Sustainable Development
- Using our content and partnerships to help support the sustainability of the market our event serves
- Inspiring our suppliers, exhibitors and other stakeholders to deliver a sustainable event
- Aligning with the UN's SDGs including: Good Health, Affordable and Clean Energy, Industry, Innovation & Infrastructure, Climate Actions, Partnerships and more
Our efforts include:
- Sustainability is integrated in the event’s content, please see the full program to discover more
- Learn more about sustainability within HR and visit the VIWELL Wellness Zone
- Look out for activities promoting sustainability at the event
Running an Environmentally Responsible Event
- Energy or material efficiency
- Sustainable procurement choices
- Reducing our event’s carbon emissions
- Creating less waste
- Venue sustainability features
- Considering the sustainability credentials of the items sourced for the event
Our efforts include:
- We carefully design our feature areas to minimise waste
- Our catering is locally sourced using minimal packaging and provides a variety of vegetarian options
Running a Socially Responsible Event
- Support of local communities
- Onsite attendee wellbeing initiatives via the VIWELL Wellbeing Zone
- Partnering with sustainable suppliers and local suppliers wherever possible
- Ensuring our event is a welcoming environment for all
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host city
Our efforts include:
- We ensure safety of all onsite through implementing a Health & Safety programme
- Developed a Code of Conduct to ensure the event creates an inclusive environment for all
- Should you have any requirements such as a lactation suite, prayer room etc, please reach out to a member of our team onsite
HOW ARE WE GOING FURTHER?
HRSE is working towards CarbonNeutral® Event Certification
2022 is a BIG year as we pursue CarbonNeutral® Event Certification for the first time at HRSE in Dubai. This is the next step in our sustainability journey, building on a number of initiatives to reduce our impact such as moving HRSE to be powered by 100% renewable electricity.
What is CarbonNeutral® Event Certification?
Going carbon neutral means that we will continue to reduce as many greenhouse gas emissions as possible and compensate for the remaining carbon emissions our show emits (from travel, hotel stays, energy-use, waste, etc.) through the purchase of high-quality carbon offsets.
This certification is administered by Climate Impact Partners, and is a global standard managed for over 20 years to deliver clean, conclusive, and transparent carbon neutral programs. The carbon footprint of our events are verified by a third-party company, Bureau Veritas.
Wellbeing and Purposeful Partnerships
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle can make a huge difference to your wellbeing and physical and mental performance, whether in the office, at home, or at an event. We are proud to have VIWELL as our official Wellbeing Sponsor. VIWELL is a wellbeing and employee engagement platform focused on improving the performance of people whilst delivering engagement and growth for organisations.
They will be hosting a Wellbeing Zone at HRSE where you can hear more about their work, attend complimentary sessions and see how you can get involved.
We are also partnering with Fruitful Day, delivering the benefits of fresh fruit to your workplace, homes, and lives. Their partners are local and regional farmers and they will be at HRSE to connect with.
When it comes to sustainability, we’re moving FasterForward
HRSE is part of Informa Connect and the Informa Group. Sustainability at Informa focuses on the long term impacts we have on customers, colleagues, the communities we work in and the environment. For this reason, Informa developed the FasterForward approach to sustainable business. Informa’s aim is to become an ever more sustainable, positive impact business.
FasterForward is a structured three-part programme with ambitious commitments and a wide range of activities, covering Informa's business operations, our brands and products and our broader community impact. To find more about our approach, follow this link: https://www.informa.com/sustainability/faster-forward/.
HELP IMPROVE THE SUSTAINABILITY OF HRSE
As an attendee
- Consider how you'll get to the event and if you can avoid air travel or take lower carbon transport
- Bring a refillable bottle to save plastic
- Recycle your waste onsite and in your hotel where possible
- Consider opting for vegetarian and vegan food options and avoid food waste
- Only take the give-aways or brochures you need and will use, consider if there are digital alternatives
- Consider the environmental credentials of the hotel when deciding where to stay
- Tell us what your sustainability challenges are and how we can support you to overcome them through HRSE, then get involved in the discussion to help drive sustainable change in our market
As an exhibitor
- Ensure your stand can be reused by either yourself or by your contractors
- Optimise your travel by consolidating your shipments and choosing logistic companies with strong sustainability credentials
- Think carefully about handouts, reduce them by going digital and source recycled, sustainably certified
HIGHLIGHTS AT HRSE
Here are some of the highlights of sustainable initiatives at HRSE!