SHAPING THE TRANAPORT INDUSTRY FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
We know how sustainability is increasingly important.
Running Intermobility Expo gives us lots of opportunities to improve our impact environmentally, socially and economically in our region. We want to make the event more responsible and play a role in helping the market improve its own sustainability through connecting people with the networks and knowledge they want to help solve the big challenges in the transport sector.
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
Intermobility Expo is a proud supporter of Sustainable Development Goals. Explore selected 7 SDGs that we commit to support in 2023.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
Help our markets through inspiring sustainable development
Economical aim with focus on:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the market the event serves
- Inspiring our suppliers, exhibitors and other stakeholders to deliver a sustainable event
- Developing market relevant partnerships
Run the event in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner
Environmental aim with focus on:
- Creating less waste
- Considering sustainability credentials of the items sourced for the event
Run the event in a socially responsible manner
Social aim with focus on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host city
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility & measuring our impacts
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT AT Intermobility Expo
Our free-to-attend conference sessions are designed to provide everyone with innovative insight and educational content on how to optimise traffic infrastructure, technology integration, and systems optimisation. Explore what technologies are available that will help to improve traffic and are mindful of our environment.
Innovation for sustainable future
Our exhibition sectors are designed to cover a wide range of innovations, products, and solutions from traditional to modern and sustainably responsible showcases to create a one-stop shop for our visitors. The event will provide access to knowledge and solutions that will help to pave the way toward smart, sustainable cities and state-of-the-art mobility infrastructure.
Intermobility Expo is actively building partnerships with external organisations dedicated to supporting sustainability, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion. Our aim is to deliver the event with a significantly decreased carbon footprint and we are working with partners to offset travel, use renewable energy to power the event, and include organisations that are dedicated to supporting diversity and inclusion.
HELP IMPROVE THE SUSTAINABILITY OF Intermobility Expo
As a Visitor
- Consider how you'll get to the event and if you can avoid air travel
- Bring a refillable bottle to save plastic water bottles
- Consider opting for vegetarian and vegan food options and only by what you need
- Consider environmental credentials of the hostel when deciding where to stay
As an Exhibitor
- Ensure your stand can be reused by either yourself or your contractors
- Optimise your travel by consolidating your shipments and choosing logistics companies with strong sustainability credentials
- Think carefully about handouts, reduce them by going digital and source recycled, sustainably certified
FasterForward to zero
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>