September 16, 2020
The Space at Flatiron, WeWork,
New York, NY
Mavericks of Media is Back!
For 2020, we’ll have a special focus around the proliferation of streaming- and what that means for the industry. Hosted in NYC, 50 leaders in the media insights field will partake in debate, panels, and projections as to how to utilize next-gen research strategies to drive viewer engagement.
Meet the Mavericks Taking the Stage:
Keynote: Cord-Cutting Goes Mainstream
Craig Moffett, Partner and Senior Research Analyst, U.S. Cable and Satellite Broadcasting and U.S. Telecommunications, MoffettNathanson
The media ecosystem is changing at an incredible pace. This keynote will share the latest data and projections on cord-cutting and video streaming, and what it means for distributors, media companies, content aggregators, and consumers.
Panel: Creating Great Content Experiences to Keep Viewers Coming Back for More
Theresa Pepe, VP, Ad Sales & Innovations, Warner Bros.
Speaker TBA, Kantar
Getting viewers to your platform is challenging enough, but how about keeping them coming back for more? This panel will cover the ins and outs of hooking users when so many options exist. The discussion will include how crucial a friendly interface is, tips for discoverability, and the right mix of content vs advertising.
About Mavericks of Media
The industry spoke, and we delivered. Each year, The Media Insights & Engagement Conference unites YOUR industry, and every year attendees ask for additional opportunities to come together to network and learn together. And that’s how Mavericks of Media came to be.
Introducing the 2020/21 Media Insights & Engagement Conference Advisory Board
- Co-Chair: Christie Kawada, SVP, Content Innovation Analytics, ViacomCBS
- Co-Chair: Audra Priluck, VP Business Development, Maru/Matchbox
- Dominique Batiste, Director Consumer Insights & Analytics, Starz
- Mike Bloxham, Senior Vice President, Global Media & Entertainment, Magid
- Julie DeTraglia, Head of Research, Hulu
- Michael Drankwalter, Commerical Lead, MRI Simmons
- Peggy Einnehmer, Executive Vice President, General Manager, Lieberman Research Worldwide
- Janet Gallent, SVP, Consumer Insights & Innovation Research, NBCUniversal
- Jon Giegengack, Principal, Hub Entertainment Research
- Bobby LaCivita, VP, Research & Measurement, Group Nine Media
- Steve Leblang, Vice President, Marketing Analytics & Strategy, Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Holly Leff-Pressman, Chief Revenue Officer, Screen Engine/ASI
- Mark Loughney, VP, Research Emerging Consumers Ad Sales, WarnerMedia
- Robert Miner, President, Miner & Co Studio
- Pam Pearce, VP Consumer Insights & Strategic Research, Discovery Communication
- Theresa Pepe, Vice President, Global Insights & Analytics, Warner Bros.
- Don Robert, SVP Corporate Research, A+E Networks
- John Spadaro, Vice President, Sales Research, Fox News Media
- Chris Whitely, Senior Director Programming Insights, Comcast
- Edwin Wong, SVP Insights and Innovation, Vox Media