February 8-10, 2021
Grand Hyatt Nashville,
The Intersection of Insights, Data & Creative
Media research is a combination of both art and science. Managing multiple data sources while delivering insights to inform the creative process and maximize business results is no small task.
At Media Insights 2020, more than 300 media insights professionals came together to discuss how to use research-driven insights to help content creators bring their ideas to life while showcasing their own narratives from collected data.
MEET THE CAST: THE FIRST 2020 SPEAKERS
Senior Vice President, Consumer Insights and Programming Strategy
Disney Channels Worldwide
Goodbye Status Quo
The Media Insights 2020 program is pushing the boundaries and breaking down industry barriers to bring you the hottest content:
Creating a Global Brand Without a Global Platform
Making a rare conference appearance, Showrunner/Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore, known for his work on for Outlander, Star Trek, Battle Star Galactica & For All Mankind, an upcoming miniseries for Apple TV+, will share his thoughts on launching a global brand without a global platform during his opening keynote.
What’s Your Risk Tolerance? The Intersection of Creative and Research-Driven Insights
Rarely do you hear “research” and “creative” in the same sentence, but each are integral to a brand’s success, and some findings can be daring to execute through content. ESPN will share how they harnessed the power of storytelling in sports and how they identified new brand opportunities.
Don’t Know How to Compete in the Attention Economy? Then You’ll Soon Be Extinct
Ground Nine Media, comprised of The Thrillist, The Dodo, NowThis and Seeker, is a leader in short-form digital content. Its VP of Research and Measurement will share hacks to not only win viewer attention, but ways keep them hooked and coming back for more. An IGTV content creator will also discuss how to create compelling content for the emerging media platform.
The Augmented Human
Technology is upping the ante on its influence of future forms of entertainment. Join Paramount Pictures Futurist Ted Schilowitz in his keynote as he covers the emerging fields of AR and VR, and next steps in immersive visualization tech.
Surviving in the Digital Age
In world of too many options, Warner Bros.’ VP of Content Distribution, Global Insights & Analytics will reveal tips for content discovery. Starz’s VP, Business Intelligence and Data Science, will also talk about forecasting churn and counting in a digital age.
Understanding GenZ, The Digital Natives
GenZ is a unique demographic, and understanding their wants, needs, viewing habits and the ways they communicate is essential to a media brand’s success. Companies such as Viacom and ESPN will unveil research findings for connecting with this distinct group.
Media Insights 2020. Where Business Gets Done
3 Days of Insights & Inspiration
Learn, Explore & Connect with speakers and attendees who are shaping the future of media.
65% Client-Side Key Decisions Makers
Build Transformational Partnerships with 300+ Senior Level Media Executives from Starz, Formula 1, TV One, Warner Bros., Discovery, BBC News, Game Show Network, Disney, TV Land & More
This is where game changing ideas are formed, opportunities pursued, and new partnerships created.
2020 Advisory Board
- Co-Chair: Dominique Batiste, Director Consumer Insights & Analytics, Starz
- Co-Chair: Jon Giegengack, Principal, Hub Entertainment Research
- Mike Bloxham, Senior Vice President, Global Media & Entertainment, Magid
- Jim Bono, Consultant, Strategic Insights & Research, NBCUniversal Media
- Julie DeTraglia, Head of Research, Hulu
- Peggy Einnehmer, Executive Vice President, General Manager, Lieberman Research Worldwide
- Janet Gallent, SVP, Consumer Insights & Innovation Research, NBCUniversal
- Steve Leblang, Vice President, Marketing Analytics & Strategy, Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Holly Leff-Pressman, Chief Revenue Officer, Screen Engine/ASI
- Mark Loughney, VP, Research Emerging Consumers Ad Sales, Turner Broadcasting
- Robert Miner, President, Miner & Co Studio
- Pam Pearce, VP of Programming Research, TLC
- Theresa Pepe, VP, Ad Sales & Innovations, Warner Bros. Entertainment
- Audra Priluck, VP Business Development, Maru/Matchbox
- Dan Robbins, Head of Ad Research & Insights, Roku
- Don Robert, SVP Corporate Research, A+E Networks
- Chris Whitely, Senior Director Programming Insight, Comcast
- Edwin Wong, SVP Insights and Innovation, Vox Media
Media Insights #TBT
Here's your chance to see why your peers have referred to The Media Insights & Engagement Conference as the 'Golden Globes' of the media insights industry. Take a look at just a few of the highlights from the 2018 event (and why you can't miss 2019!).