Entry Requirements & Student Profile
We consider applications on their individual merits and circumstances. However, as a guide, the elements we consider when assessing the suitability of an applicant are:
- A completed diploma from Lloyd's Maritime Academy from one of the eligible courses
- A minimum of two years’ relevant managerial or professional work experience since undergraduate graduation. Managerial experience means having responsibility for people and / or functions and / or relevant technical expertise.
- Candidates without an undergraduate honours degree must demonstrate significant managerial experience. A full description of your experience is essential to show clearly your successful career path and the contribution you can make to the MBA programme.
- At least two years' experience working in the maritime industry or related sector.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a requirement for entry to the programme and evidence may need to be provided. Where English is a second language you will be required to demonstrate a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 575 or have successfully completed an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification at a recognised institution where the medium of tuition and assessment was entirely in English (proof must be provided).
The MBA Diploma continuation is aimed at those who completed one of our diploma in specific areas of knowledge and aspire to gain the necessary skills of executive management, with the current profile including:
- CEO, Directors and Senior Management
- Captains, Masters, Pilots
- Project Managers
- Port, Terminal, Harbour
- Chartering, Trading
- Health, Safety, Quality
- Legal, Insurance