Starting 12 September 2022
The leading online Master of Business Administration for the maritime industry
The MBA that combines quality with flexibility for future maritime industry leaders – develop your ability to perform at the highest level of business management.
In Partnership with Middlesex University
MBA in Shipping & Logistics
- Module 1 - Induction
- Module 2 - Shipping Business Environment and International Trade
- Module 3 - Business Strategy
- NEW: Module 4 - Leading and Managing People
- Module 5 - Advanced International Marketing
- Module 6 - Finance and Risk Management
- NEW: Module 7 – Digitalisation in Shipping
- NEW: Module 8 – Business Transformation Project
What you'll learn
- Enhance and extend previous experience in business and management
- Apply existing and newly acquired knowledge and experience to complex business issues
- Prepare for leadership and transformational roles in business Improve strategic thinking and innovation skills
- Acquire improved communication, writing and time management techniques
- Demonstrate a broad perspective on organisational management and its wider impact on society and the environment
- Develop advanced knowledge of your organisation, its management and the environment in which it operates and apply this to the global maritime and related fields
- Operate and manage in a global and multicultural environment
- Develop interpersonal, networking, virtual teamwork and group management skills
- Gain higher levels of self-confidence and awareness of unique strengths and abilities
- Each module is assessed by a variety of assignments which include group work, essays, online exams, individual pieces of work and forum participation.
- The Project which runs throughout the course and is submitted as the final piece of work is an individual piece of research work where you can choose your own topic in agreement with your tutor so you can focus on an issue that is key to you or your company.
- This is a rigorous academic programme at master’s level so anyone applying is making a big commitment.
- We suggest around 18-20 hours per week (or 75 hours a month) will be needed to be spent on coursework, reading, discussion and assessments.
- An MBA is a life changing qualification so students will need to be expected to work accordingly.
Recognised by The Nautical Institute
Director Technical Operations
Norwegian Cruise Line
The MBA in Shipping and Logistic was the right complement to my experience in the maritime field.
It gave me that mind openness and broader knowledge that I needed.
I am firmly convinced that this program, although not yet completed, has a large responsibility for my promotion to Vice President of Technical Operations. Definitely a game changer!
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs