The leading online Master of Business Administration for the maritime industry
The MBA that combines quality with flexibility for future maritime industry leaders – develop your ability to perform at the highest level of business management.
MBA in Shipping & Logistics
- Shipping Business Environment and International Trade
- Business Strategy
- Executive Leadership
- Advanced International Marketing
- Finance and Risk Management
- Optimising Business Performance
- Information Management: Elective module
- Management Perspectives: Elective module
- Project Option 1 - Business Transformation Project
- Research Methods (if taking Business Transformation Project)
- Project Option 2 - Applied Project
What you'll learn
What you'll learn
- Enhance and extend previous experience in business and management
- Apply existing and newly acquired knowledge and experience to complex business issues
- Prepare for leadership and transformational roles in business Improve strategic thinking and innovation skills
- Encourage lifelong learning and personal development
- Acquire improved communication, writing and time management techniques
- Demonstrate a broad perspective on organisational management and its wider impact on society and the environment
- Develop advanced knowledge of your organisation, its management and the environment in which it operates and apply this to the global maritime and related fields
- Operate and manage in a global and multicultural environment
- Develop interpersonal, networking, virtual teamwork and group management skills
- Gain higher levels of self-confidence and awareness of unique strengths and abilities
- Each module is assessed by a variety of assignments which include group work, essays, online exams, individual pieces of work and forum participation.
- The Project which runs throughout the course and is submitted as the final piece of work is an individual piece of research work where you can choose your own topic in agreement with your tutor so you can focus on an issue that is key to you or your company.
- This is a rigorous academic programme at master’s level so anyone applying is making a big commitment.
- We suggest around 18-20 hours per week (or 75 hours a month) will be needed to be spent on coursework, reading, discussion and assessments.
- An MBA is a life changing qualification so students will need to be expected to work accordingly.
100% Online - Learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs