APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
BECOME A RECOGNISED TAX EXPERT.
Gain an in-depth and practical understanding in South African Tax Law. Assist clients in navigating through the complexities and complying with the South African Revenue Services and the National Treasury.
South African Tax Law: Choose your Award
Developed by leading international taxation specialists – with their finger on the pulse of current market needs at both, advisory and in-house level – this programme will provide a firm grounding on all the ‘must-know’ Tax areas of South African taxation.
South African Tax Law - Online MSc
To enrol for the MSc, students must hold a PG-Diploma in South African Tax Law (or an equivalent award).
- Full Programme:
- Credits: 180 credits
- Duration: 32 months
- Past PG-Diploma Holders:
- Credits: 60 credits
- Duration: 12 months
South African Tax Law - Online PGDip
The Postgraduate Diploma requires the completion of the first 2 stages of the programme.
- Credits: 120 credits
- Duration: 20 months
Why study South African Tax Law?
How you'll learn
- Pre-recorded academic lectures will be released each week, accompanied with the prescribed reading, additional reading and/or research, as required. Directed reading will relate to provided case law, and will also include reading from legislation, books, articles, academic and professional journals.
- The learning from the lectures will be emphasised with an array of case studies, practice examples and resources, to challenge thinking in a practical context. Engaging activities on the discussion forum, the use of quizzes, polls and other forum built-in activity, will further validate the learning objectives.
- Each main topic will end with a live-online tutorial, conducted by the lecturers. The tutorials are designed to be interactive, providing students with the opportunity to ask questions and to consider issues from different perspectives.
- The Dissertation module will impart introductory lectures that cover the essentials of topic selection and the guidance to a well-written proposal and structured dissertation. Each student will be appointed a supervisor and will be required to book at least three sessions of live online interaction with their supervisor for guidance during the writing of their dissertation.
Content and teaching with IITF and Middlesex University London
About Middlesex University
Middlesex University is a large London based university with a history in higher education dating from 1878. In 1992 we were granted the Royal Charter allowing us to use the title university. We offer a broad range of courses We offer a broad range of courses, delivered by our three academic faculties of Arts and Creative Industries, Professional and Social Sciences and Science and Technology, structured to closely align teaching and learning with industry. We have over 40,000 students studying on Middlesex courses worldwide, both at our own campuses and also with partner institutions, making us one of the largest providers of British university education to international students.
About the International Institute for Tax & Finance
IITF is a Mauritian based international tax consultancy with a faculty of globally recognised transfer pricing experts. IITF specialises in delivering international tax programmes and workshops both face to face and online. IITF creates content and provides lecturing and marking services via the IIR Ltd (Informa Connect Learning) Virtual Learning Platform (VLE).
Informa Connect Academy: Even more...
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Network – use our online tutorial forum to ask questions, discuss and share knowledge with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world
- Cost-Effective – save money with no additional travel or accommodation costs