Starting 25 September 2024
Application Deadline: 26 August 2024
Get up-to-date knowledge of the general principles of copyright law
focusing on the law in the United Kingdom, the principles of United States copyright law and the major ‘copyright’ Directives of the European Union
In Partnership with King's College London
What you'll learn
- Introduce the main international copyright conventions in the field
- Deal with rights in literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works, films, sound recordings, broadcasts, cable programmes, computer programs and databases, performers’ rights and publishers’ rights
- Cover both theoretical aspects and questions which arise in practice, in particular concerning
infringement and available remedies
- Include a unit devoted to the French and German laws on author’s rights and related rights
- Examine thoroughly United States Copyright Law in two units
- Conclude with the main challenges in the field of copyright, in particular those arising from international communication through satellite and the internet, and from digital technology generally
How you'll learn
- The distance learning Postgraduate Diploma in UK, EU & US Copyright Law Programme is structured into four modules of twelve units.
- Each unit comes in the form of hard copy print and as a PDF file via the Programme website.
- Students will also receive a hard copy of the textbook Intellectual Property Law - Text, Cases and Materials by Aplin and Davis to accompany some of the units.
- Questions will be set at the end of each unit and model answers to these will be sent with the unit that follows.
- Units are normally sent by post and overseas students will be sent their material by air courier. Students are expected to engage with the online platform during their studies.
- All students will be eligible to attend three optional weekend seminars at King’s College London.
Optional Weekend Seminars
- There will be three intensive weekend seminars normally held in November 2024, February 2025 and March 2025 (exact dates will be confirmed as soon as possible after enrolment)
- The weekend seminars will be held in Central London.
- Authors will lecture and revise study material during two full days of teaching.
- Seminars are recorded to view for those students who cannot attend the seminars.
- It is strongly recommended that students benefit from these intensive revision sessions. (The format of the seminars will depend on social distancing measures at the time).
- The seminars are not compulsory but are very beneficial and provide an excellent opportunity to meet fellow students, the programme director and programme authors.
Get the Latest Course Updates
Sign up to get the latest course updates, information and offers.
You might also be interested in
Informa Connect Academy: Even more...
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Network – use our online tutorial forum to ask questions, discuss and share knowledge with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world
- Cost-Effective – save money with no additional travel or accommodation costs