Postgraduate Diploma/MA in UK, EU & US Copyright Law
- Module 1 - UK Copyright Law I
- Unit 1: Historical Background, International Context and General Principles
- Unit 2: Copyright Subject Matter
- Unit 3: Protection Criteria / Beneficiaries of Protection
- Unit 4: Economic Rights / Moral Rights
- Module 2 - UK Copyright Law II & US Copyright Law
- Unit 5: Limitations and Exceptions/ Exercise of Rights / Control of the Exercise of Copyright
- Unit 6: Infringement/ Remedies, Penalties and Enforcement/ Additional Legislative Features
- Unit 7: General Overview/ Basis of Protection/ Subject/ Matter of Protection/ Protection Criteria and Formalities/ Economic Rights/ Moral Rights
- Unit 8: Limitations and Exceptions/ Term of Protection/ Exercise of Rights/ Infringement/ Remedies and Penalties/ Additional Legislative Provisions and Current Issues
- Module 3 - French & German Copyright Law and EU and International Copyright Law
- Unit 9: General Outline of French and German Laws on Author’s Rights and Related Rights
- Unit 10: Introduction/ Principles of Free Movement of Goods and Services and Competition Law/ Harmonisation Programme/ Satellite Broadcasting and Cable Retransmission Directive
- Unit 11: Rental/ Lending and Related Rights Directive/ Term Directive and its Revision/ Copyright in the Information Society Directive and Relationship to the WIPO Treaties and to the Other Copyright Directives/ Resale Right Directive/ Orphan Works Directive
- Unit 12: Computer Program Directive/ Database Directive/ Current Issues and International Harmonisation
What you'll learn
Benefit from a highly relevant programme that will:
- Introduce the main international copyright conventions in the field
- Deal with rights in literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works, films, sound recordings, broadcasts, cable programmes, computer programs and databases, performers’ rights and publishers’ rights
- Cover both theoretical aspects and questions which arise in practice, in particular concerning
infringement and available remedies
- Include a unit devoted to the French and German laws on author’s rights and related rights
- Examine thoroughly United States Copyright Law in two units
- Conclude with the main challenges in the field of copyright, in particular those arising from international communication through satellite and the internet, and from digital technology generally
How you'll learn
- The distance learning Postgraduate Diploma in EU Competition Law Programme is structured into three modules of twelve units.
- Each unit comes in the form of hard copy print and as a PDF file via the Programme website.
- Questions will be set at the end of each unit and model answers to these will be sent with the unit that follows.
- Units are normally sent by post and overseas students will be sent their material by air courier. Students are expected to engage with the online platform during their studies.
- All students will be eligible to attend two optional weekend seminars at King’s College London.
Optional Weekend Seminars
- All students will be eligible to attend three optional weekend seminars. The first will be held in November/December 2021, the second in February 2022 and the third one in March/April 2022.
- The weekend seminars will be held in Central London.
- Authors will lecture and revise study material during two full days of teaching.
- Seminars are recorded to view for those students who cannot attend the seminars.
- It is strongly recommended that students benefit from these intensive revision sessions. (The format of the seminars will depend on social distancing measures at the time).
- The seminars are not compulsory but are very beneficial and provide an excellent opportunity to meet fellow students, the programme director and programme authors.
Empowering you to achieve your LLM or Master's Degree from anywhere in the world!
Looking for a world renowned Digital Learning programme?
Boost your CV or gain a qualification in the Legal, Finance, Security, Terrorism or Maritime sectors with one of our Academic Programmes - 100% Online!
Why choose Informa Connect
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge