Postgraduate Diploma Economics for Competition Law
- Module 1
Unit 1 - Introduction to economics of competition law
Unit 2 - Market power
Unit 3 - Market definition
- Module 2
Unit 4 - (i) Predation and excessive pricing and (ii) Price discrimination, discounts, tying & bundling
Unit 5 - Refusal to supply, essential facilities and margin squeeze
Unit 6 - Boundaries of competition law and economics: network effects and intellectual property rights
Unit 7 - Vertical Restraints
Unit 8 - Cartels
- Module 3
Unit 9 - Mergers: unilateral effects
Unit 10 - Co-ordinated merger effects and non-horizontal mergers
Unit 11 - State aid
Unit 12 - Quantitative techniques
What you'll learn
Economic evidence and analysis play a crucial role in cases brought before the European Commission, national authorities and courts.
Benefit from a highly relevant programme that:
- Gives an in-depth insight into the application of Economics to Competition Law.
- Deals with basic building blocks of economic analysis in competition law: market power and market definition.
- Covers the economic issues that arise under Article 101 and Article 102, network effects and the boundaries of competition law and intellectual property law, mergers and state aid.
How you'll learn
- The distance learning Postgraduate Diploma in Economics for Competition Law programme is structured into three modules of twelve units.
- Each unit comes in the form of hard copy print and as a PDF file via the programme website.
- Questions will be set at the end of each unit and model answers to most of these will be sent with the unit that follows.
- Units are normally sent by post and overseas students will be sent their material by air courier. Students are expected to engage with the online platform during their studies.
- All students will be eligible to attend two optional weekend seminars at King’s College London or another venue in central London.
Optional Weekend Seminars
- There will be two intensive weekend seminars in November 2021 and in March 2022.
- The weekend seminars will be held in Central London.
- Authors will lecture and revise study material during two full days of teaching.
- Seminars are recorded to view for those students who cannot attend the seminars.
- It is strongly recommended that students benefit from these intensive revision sessions. (The format of the seminars will depend on social distancing measures at the time).
- The seminars are not compulsory but are very beneficial and provide an excellent opportunity to meet fellow students, the programme director and programme authors.
Empowering you to achieve your LLM or Master's Degree from anywhere in the world!
Looking for a world renowned Digital Learning programme?
Boost your CV or gain a qualification in the Legal, Finance, Security, Terrorism or Maritime sectors with one of our Academic Programmes - 100% Online!
Why choose Informa Connect
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge