Postgraduate Diploma/MA EU Competition Law
This distance-learning EU Competition Law course is particularly suited for practising lawyers, regulators, academics or if you have a specific need for knowledge in this area.
Through the course you will gain an understanding of the substantive rules of EU Competition Law and the procedural framework in which they operate.
Module 1 - Principles of EU Competition Law
- Unit 1 - Introduction to Competition Law and Policy
- Unit 2 - Article 101(1)
- Unit 3 - Article 101(3) and Article 102
- Unit 4 - Articles 107 - 109
Module 2 - EU Competition Law and the State
- Unit 5 - Article 102 (continued) and Article 106
Module 3 - Practical Application of EU Competition Law
- Unit 6 - Merger Regulation
- Unit 7 - Joint Ventures
- Unit 8 - Cartels
- Unit 9 - Distribution
- Unit 10 - Licensing
Module 4 - EU Competition Law procedure
- Unit 11 - Public Enforcement of EU Competition Law
- Unit 12 - Private Enforcement of EU Competition Law
What you'll learn
EU competition law remains critically important for many jurisdictions around the world and remains a key aspect of regulating anti-competitive policy.
Benefit from a highly relevant programme that:
- Provides you with an in-depth and up-to date knowledge of EU competition law, focusing on practical aspects as well as the substantive law
- The units will take you systematically through the constituent provisions of EU Competition Law: Article 101, Article 102, Article 106 and Articles 107-109
How you'll learn
- The distance learning Postgraduate Diploma in EU Competition Law Programme is structured into four modules of twelve units.
- Each unit comes in the form of hard copy print and as a PDF file via the Programme website.
- Questions will be set at the end of each unit and model answers to these will be sent with the unit that follows.
- Units are normally sent by post and overseas students will be sent their material by air courier. Students are expected to engage with the online platform during their studies.
- All students will be eligible to attend two optional weekend seminars at King’s College London.
Optional Weekend Seminars
- There will be two intensive weekend seminars normally in November 2022 and March 2023 (exact dates will be confirmed as soon as possible after enrolment).
- The weekend seminars will be held in Central London.
- Authors will lecture and revise study material during two full days of teaching.
- Seminars are recorded to view for those students who cannot attend the seminars.
- It is strongly recommended that students benefit from these intensive revision sessions. (The format of the seminars will depend on social distancing measures at the time).
- The seminars are not compulsory but are very beneficial and provide an excellent opportunity to meet fellow students, the programme director and programme authors.
Empowering you to achieve your LLM or Master's Degree from anywhere in the world!
Looking for a world renowned Digital Learning programme?
Boost your CV or gain a qualification in the Legal, Finance, Security, Terrorism or Maritime sectors with one of our Academic Programmes - 100% Online!.
Why choose Informa Connect
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge