Championing sustainability at the 2023 Southwestern Ontario Real Estate Forum
At the Southwestern Ontario Real Estate Forum, we are committed to running events which are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. Here is a breakdown of how we are embedding sustainability in everything we do.
Faster Forward with Informa
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same. Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>
How are we building a sustainable event?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want the Southwestern Ontario Real Estate Forum to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically.
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility.
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts.
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities.
The Southwestern Ontario Real Estate Forum will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Convenient hydration stations throughout the event to reduce the need for single-use plastic water bottles.
- Using fully recyclable signage.
- No single-use plastic items.
- Decomposable name badge holders and recycling lanyards.
- Creating less waste by reducing printed programs and encouraging the use of the ConnectMe app for program.
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event.
Our aim is for the Southwestern Ontario Real Estate Forum to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability initiatives of the real estate market.
- Including a session on construction/developers achieving sustainability and net zero in our agenda.
- Developing close partnerships with charities, companies, and associations and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field.
- Donating to a charity engaged in medical research or community betterment.
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including ESG, sustainability, impact investing, diversity & inclusion, gender balance, & more.