Championing sustainability at SuperVenture
At SuperVenture, we are committed to running events which are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. From dedicated topics on the agenda, to creating less waste - here is a breakdown of how we are embedding sustainability in everything we do.
FasterForward to zero
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>
We are proud to deliver you a sustainable event by launching the initiatives outlined below.
Digital Event Guide
Our event guide will be delivered in a 100% digital format this year, significantly reducing our usage of paper products during the live experience.
We'll have QR codes onsite that attendees can easily scan with their smartphone to pull up the agenda on their mobile devices.
Eliminate Other Printed Materials
No physical mail promotional material referring to the conference
Use of digital signage wherever possible
Food and Beverage
- Significant efforts are made to reduce food waste by anticipating precise delegate numbers
- Menus are seasonal and regional
- Chinaware and cutlery are offered whenever possible and single use plastic is avoided
Lanyards and Name Badges
- Lanyards selected are made from recycled PET plastic which can then be recycled again at the end of the event
- Lanyards are ensured to be collected and fully recycled post-event via zero waste box by Terracycle. The waste is sorted, turned into plastic granules and transformed into new products.
Our "Better Stand" Program
Per our commitment to the evolution of the exhibition industry, we aim to ensure that we are delivering the best possible experience for our customers.
We believe that by moving away from the use of disposable exhibition booths, we will improve the ease, quality, safety, and sustainability of the exhibitor experience at our events.
We encourage our exhibitors to minimize handouts by utilizing our digital download QR code technology at their booths.
- This event is powered by 85% renewable energy
- We will ensure all added lighting is energy efficient
Encouraging Train Travel
We encourage delegates based in Germany, or close neighbouring countries, to use the train to travel to Berlin.
We encourage walking as the best mode of transport as all hotels are within walking distance with SuperReturn International.
How are we building a sustainable event?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want SuperVenture to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
SuperVenture will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Creating less waste and discouraging giveaways from exhibitor stands and media partners
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim is for SuperVenture to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the private capital market
- Developing close partnerships with associations and giving them a platform to promote their organisations
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including diversity & inclusion, ESG, sustainability, the impact on the environment & more...
How are we going further at SuperVenture?
The Palace Hotel, Berlin
- 85% of electricity is sourced from renewable energy
- LED lighting used throughout the venue
- No plastic materials used
- Waste is sorted and separated onsite
- Motion detector system in place to reduce energy consumption
Supporting our sponsors and exhibitors
We're working more closely than ever with our sponsors and exhibitors to ensure we all commit to doing the right thing for our customers, colleagues, and the communities we serve.
In keeping with our sustainability aims at SuperReturn events we are asking that exhibitors do not provide giveaways at this event and we would like all of our attendees to embrace this sustainability goal with us.
Instead, SuperReturn events will provide QR codes to exhibitors that can be shown at their stands so that attendees can download materials such as white papers or brochures, or to simply share their details with exhibitors. Please support our aims by downloading our exhibitors’ QR codes.
Charity partner: Impetus
Impetus transforms the lives of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds, by making sure they get the right support to succeed in school, work and life.
Over 2 million young people live in poverty in Britain today. They are 40% less likely to get good GCSEs, 40% less likely to make it to university twice as likely to be out of a job or study after school. jobs.
We find, build and fund high potential charities. We have a unique approach to working with our charities. We provide them with long term, unrestricted core funding, the expertise of our dedicated investment team and access to our world class pro-bono network.
Charity partner: Mental Health Resource
Mental Health Resource provide safe spaces and person-centred mental health support to help people who have complex, enduring mental health conditions improve their wellbeing. Their clients have conditions including anxiety, depression, PTSD, borderline personality disorder, eating disorders, self-harm and bi-polar and often struggle with low self-esteem and sometimes lack skills to manage stressful life events.
Their 4 non-judgemental, community-focused and supportive projects are:
- The Hub: a friendly wellbeing centre.
- Reachout: Confidential, self-help support groups based out in the community.
- Reachout Youth: Helping young people share stories, develop coping strategies and make new friends.
- Assert: A specialist advocacy service provided to those detained under the Mental Health Act.