Join Terrorism Studies from St. Andrews University
Established in 2006, Terrorism Studies from the University of St. Andrews was the first international e-learning course to provide individuals, military and police, as well as public and private sector organisations, with an understanding of the latest scholarship and thinking on terrorism.
Many years later, with over 5000 participants having enrolled from 75 countries, this course continues to benefit all those who take part as well as grow in content and popularity.
Plus, Terrorism Studies is recognised globally and delivers excellence via accessible e-learning, and can be studied from anywhere in the world!
Learn while you work, apply your knowledge to your day-to-day responsibilities straight away...
NEW 2022 MODULE - Northern Ireland: The Troubles
This module uses the case study of the Troubles – over thirty years of unrest largely concentrated in the north of Ireland – to explore key themes in the study of terrorism and political violence. These include terrorist motivations, types of violence, state responses, and the role of terrorists in bringing a conflict to its end.
As societies around the world become increasingly divided by issues of identity, territory, and belonging, this module demonstrates how those divisions can be leveraged to produce a conflict which, while changing features over time, remained concerned with a single division with no middle ground.
NEW MODULE - Women in Terrorism
“Bomber Babes” and “Beauty Queens”: women and their representation
Get access to case studies of female activity within both terrorism and counter-terrorism, including consideration of the role of women in ISIS, the PIRA, and the role of women within government and intelligence
- Key Issues in Terrorism and Political Violence
- Terrorist Ideologies, Aims, Beliefs, and Motivations
- Terrorist Weapons & Tactics
- International Policing Policy
- Aviation Terrorism & Security
- Maritime Terrorism Security
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Terrorism, Cyber Threats and the Internet
- Radicalisation, Counter-radicalisation and Deradicalisation
- Terrorism and Human Rights
Award & Accreditation
- Successful completion of the Certificate/Advanced Certificate leads to a certificate of professional development from the University of St Andrews.
- Completion of 4 online modules leads to the award of the Certificate in Terrorism Studies, SCQF Level 8 and 20 credits.
- Completion of 8 online modules leads to the award of the Advanced Certificate in Terrorism Studies, SCQF Level 8 and 40 credits.
- Individual modules do not carry an accreditation.
Successful recipients of the Advanced Certificate in Terrorism Studies are eligible to apply for the MLitt in Terrorism and Political Violence (distance learning) at the University of St Andrews.
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
CHOOSE INFORMA CONNECT!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge