Established in 2006, Terrorism Studies from the University of St. Andrews was the first international e-learning course to provide individuals, military and police, as well as public and private sector organisations, with an understanding of the latest scholarship and thinking on terrorism.
Many years later, with over 5000 participants having enrolled from 75 countries, this course continues to benefit all those who take part as well as grow in content and popularity.
Plus, Terrorism Studies is recognised globally and delivers excellence via accessible e-learning, and can be studied from anywhere in the world!
Learn while you work, apply your knowledge to your day-to-day responsibilities straight away...
NEW MODULE: Women in Terrorism and Counterterrorism
“Bomber Babes” and “Beauty Queens”: women and their representation
About Terrorism Studies
- NEW: Women in Terrorism and Counter-terrorism
- Key Issues in Terrorism and Political Violence
- Terrorist Ideologies, Aims, Beliefs, and Motivations
- Terrorist Weapons & Tactics
- International Policing Policy
- Aviation Terrorism & Security
- Maritime Terrorism Security
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Terrorism, Cyber Threats and the Internet
- Radicalisation, Counter-radicalisation and Deradicalisation
- Terrorism and Human Rights
- Homeland Security
- The Psychology of Terrorism
- Personnel and Personal Security
- Terrorist Financing
Award & Accreditation
- Successful completion of the Certificate/Advanced Certificate leads to a certificate of professional development from the University of St Andrews.
- Completion of 4 online modules leads to the award of the Certificate in Terrorism Studies, SCQF Level 8 and 20 credits.
- Completion of 8 online modules leads to the award of the Advanced Certificate in Terrorism Studies, SCQF Level 8 and 40 credits.
- Individual modules do not carry an accreditation.
Successful recipients of the Advanced Certificate in Terrorism Studies are eligible to apply for the MLitt in Terrorism and Political Violence (distance learning) at the University of St Andrews.
How you'll learn
The Certificate/Advanced Certificate in Terrorism Studies is recognised globally and delivers excellence via accessible e-learning, and can be studied from anywhere – all you need is a reliable internet connection!
This course enables you to learn while you work, applying your knowledge to your day-to-day responsibilities straight away.
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
CHOOSE INFORMA CONNECT!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge