Media Policy and Press Information
To receive press access to the Biotech Showcase venue and program events, journalists must complete media registration and abide by the policies detailed below.
Members of the press can qualify for complimentary registration to Biotech Showcase 2020. To do so, you are required to complete the application form located here.
To qualify, you must:
- Provide evidence that you are affiliated with a nationally or regionally recognized press outlet.
- Be able to prove that you are a journalist or editor with an internationally recognized press card or provide copies of your work in recognized publications, with your name appearing as writer or editor.
- Have an editorial title (titles accepted: editor-in-chief, senior editor, executive editor, associate editor, technology editor, managing editor, editor, staff writer, reporter, columnist, photographer).
Once completed, you will be notified within five business days of the status of your request. For those who qualify, you will be notified via email and provided a promotional code to use after selecting a registration package from the booking page here.
Please note that completing the media application does not guarantee that press registration will be granted. Those who do not qualify will be required to pay the standard registration fee to attend.
Once registered, you will be provided with media updates around Biotech Showcase’s program for 2020. These updates will include highlighted program areas, access to press releases from presenting companies, expert sources for comment including presenters, panelists, and conference organizers, and onsite information such as Wi-Fi passwords, press room location, etc.
Onsite Policy and Regulation
- Due to venue regulations, professional photography and videography are not permitted on the premises unless accompanied by a designated union representative. This policy is strictly enforced by the venue and can result in removal from the property.
- Use of mobile devices to record audio and/or video is strictly prohibited.
- Photography on a mobile device for personal purposes such as social media is allowed.
Resources for Registered Media
- Complimentary Wi-Fi will be available for all registered media.
- Press interested in interviews or statements from official conference representatives and ambassadors may reach out via email to email@example.com.
- All registered media will receive access to an online Biotech Showcase newsroom, which will include releases shared by presenting companies ahead of the conference. This newsroom also contains embargoed press releases, for which the date/time of removal is determined by the presenting companies. By accessing this resource, you are agreeing to all embargo dates as indicated for each release.
For any additional questions, please contact Aulani Capuchin at firstname.lastname@example.org.