CHAMPIONING SUSTAINABILITY AT BIOTECH SHOWCASE
At Biotech Showcase, we are committed to running events which are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. From the innovative ways we interact onsite to the radical changes in the way we build our live event space - here is a breakdown of how we are embedding sustainability in everything we do.
We are proud to deliver you a sustainable event by launching several new initiatives noted below.
The event guide will be printed in limited quantity significantly reducing our usage of paper products. Additionally, we'll have QR codes onsite that attendees can easily scan with their smartphone to pull up the agenda on their mobile devices.
Lanyards & Name Tags
We will be using a TerraCycle Zero Waste Box to recycle used lanyards and nametags after the event.
Food & Beverage
We have partnered with the Hilton San Francisco Union Square in delivering any leftover food and beverage to Glide Memorial Church as a donation. Watch out for recycle bins and make sure you do your part!
Our ‘Better Stands’ approach
Through our commitment to the evolution of the exhibitions industry, we aim to ensure that we are delivering the best possible experience for our customers. We believe that by moving away from the use of disposable exhibition booths we will improve the ease, quality, safety and sustainability of the exhibitor experience at our events. We encourage our exhibitors to minimize handouts by utilizing our digital download QR code technology at their booths.
In addition to ensuring our venue is using energy efficient lighting, this year our event will also be fully powered by Renewable Energy
Our aim for the future is to achieve a fully carbon neutral event. This year we will be offsetting the carbon of all our attendee’s hotel stays.
Informa supports a number of projects around the world through our offset specialist Natural Capital Partners, that have been independently Gold Standard certified as successfully reducing carbon.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION AT Biotech Showcase
Our mission is to give our colleagues, the markets we serve, and our wider communities access to extraordinary people and diverse insights that brings us together and celebrates authenticity. Through our live and data-driven digital services, we cultivate connections, provide meaningful content, and strive to remain a global leader. We celebrate unique perspectives and sharing all ideas within a safe and transparent environment. We believe in sustainability and continuous learning as it strengthens everything from our people, our products and our markets. We understand that to be more, we need to do more. Together, we will continue to listen, innovate, and act as a driver of change to build a business that reflects the communities we connect.
HOW ARE WE BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE EVENT?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want Biotech Showcase to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities
Biotech Showcase will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Designing our events to eliminate waste
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim is for Biotech Showcase to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the bioprocessing industry
- Developing close partnerships with relevant charities, companies and associations and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including diversity & inclusion, gender balance, sustainability trends, the impact on the environment & more..
FASTERFORWARD TO ZERO
FasterForward is Biotech Showcase's approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out by Informa and it's partners between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Enable one million disconnected people to access networks and knowledge by 2025
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>