Delivered by digital learning over 12 weeks
Your introduction to crew management and manning
Gain a deeper understanding of effective crew manning operations and related issues including crew retention, mental health and automation.
Certificate in Crew Manning
- Module 1 – Introduction to Crew Manning
- Module 2 – Understanding the Regulatory Framework for Manning
- Module 3 – The Manning Agent as a Recruiter: Attracting and Retaining Crew
- Module 4 – Training and Certification of Crew
- Module 5 – Competence Management and Assessment
- Module 6 – Building Successful Relations with Crew and Principals
What you'll learn
Crew retention is a top issue in shipping companies. Effective crew management is vital for shipping companies, and in today’s economy, effective manning will prove to be even more important. In order to create better working environments and keep your crew happier and safer, knowing the how-to's is essential.
This online course gives you the exact tools and knowledge for effective crew management, in just 12 short weeks.
Who is it for?
Those looking to improve their understanding of the recruitment, retention, automation and mental health of crew and become more confident in their approach to crew management.
Your Digital Badge
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy digital badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your award, demonstrated skills and what it took to obtain your certificate qualification.
Also, your digital badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs