The leading course on crew recruitment and management in shipping companies and third parties
Develop and apply best practice in sea-going personnel recruitment, development, management & retention.
Diploma in Crew Management
- Module 1 – Introduction to Crew Management
- Module 2 – Regulatory Framework of the Industry
- Module 3 – Details of the Regulations that affect Crew Managers
- Module 4 – Crew Welfare
- Module 5 – Crew Management Operations
- Module 6 – Relationship with Authorities and Principals (Shipowners and Ship managers)
- Module 7 – P&I Cover of Seafarers
- Module 8 – Finance for Crew Management
- Module 9 – Essential Legal Issues that affect Crew Management
- Module 10 – The Challenges facing Maritime Human Resource Management
What you'll learn
- Categorise the global shipping industry, types of owners, ships and include key international trade routes
- List the Conventions; Codes; Guidelines and Standards that are relevant to crew manning
- The elements of SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, MLC that Crew Managers must be cognizant with
- Examine the international agreement for the repatriation, rehabilitation and counselling of abandoned seafarers.
- Construct plans for motivating your employees and to best develop leadership and management skills.
- Provide sufficient competent staff to safely and effectively operate your ships even in emergency situations.
- Demonstrate how seafarers’ claims should be handled.
- Interpret the fundamental financial documents of a Profit and Loss Balance Sheet and cash flow
- Interpret Contract Law and the Terms of Contract as it applies to crew management.
- Generate an argument for breaking the barrier of crews not having access to the internet at sea.
Assessed and awarded by North Kent College
Delivered in partnership between the National Maritime Training Centre at North Kent College and Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, the course continues to be the ideal professional development course for existing ship managers, prospective ship managers and for those who work alongside the ship management sector.
MBA (Crew Management) – Diploma Continuation
The Diploma in Crew Management has been academically assessed to provide 60 credits of prior learning accreditation towards a unique MBA delivered in partnership between Lloyd's Maritime Academy and Middlesex University!
100% Online - Learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs