An introduction into the world of ship management
Kick-start your career in shipping – study the essential and fundamental principles of ship management.
Certificate in Ship Management
- Module 1 – Introduction to the Shipping Industry
- Module 2 – Introduction to Ship Management
- Module 3 – Maritime Legislation
- Module 4 – Ship Type, Operation and Cargoes
- Module 5 – Introduction to Risk, Safety and Environment
- Module 6 – Skills Set for a Ship Manager
- Module 7 – Introduction to Cyber Security in Shipping
What you'll learn
Considering a career in ship management? Want to learn more about the role? This is the only online course that offers students the essential and basic principles of ship management.
Designed by the same tutor as our renowned Diploma in Ship Management, this is the best kick-starter to build your knowledge and grow your career in the maritime industry.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy digital badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your award, demonstrated skills and what it took to obtain your certificate qualification.
Also, your digital badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
100% online – learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge