Delivered by digital learning over 12 months
Comprehensive professional development course covering both technical and management elements of ship superintendency
Developing the knowledge, understanding and proficiency essential for effective technical and marine superintendents.
Diploma in Ship Superintendency
- Module 1 – The Ship Superintendent’s Role and Responsibilities
- Module 2 – Management Skills for Ship Superintendents
- Module 3 – Maritime Law for Ship Superintendents
- Module 4 – Maritime Conventions, Regulatory Controls and Codes in Shipping
- Module 5 – The Marine Superintendent and the Application of Conventions
- Module 6 – The Technical / Engineering Superintendent
- Module 7 – Newbuilding, S&P, Drydocking, Maintenance, Repair, Conversion and Scrapping
- Module 8 – The Superintendent and Emergency Planning, Management and Response
- Module 9 – Project and Financial Management for Superintendents
- Module 10 – Special Knowledge for Ship Types
- Case Study: Topical Issues in Ship Superintendency
What you'll learn
- The role of the ship superintendent in detail
- International conventions and codes, classification society rules
- The superintendent’s role in managing operations, drydocking and repairs and newbuilding
- HSSE responsibility including safety and environmental protection, incident investigation and reporting requirements
- Key people management skills for superintendents, customer focus and effective report writing
- The superintendent’s responsibility for budgeting, purchasing and cost control
- The superintendent’s role in relation to ever more sophisticated and complex vessels
Assessed and awarded by North Kent College
Delivered in partnership between the National Maritime Training Centre at North Kent College and Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, the course continues to be the ideal professional development course for existing ship managers, prospective ship managers and for those who work alongside the ship management sector.
MBA (Ship Superintendency) - Diploma Continuation
The Diploma in Ship Superintendency has been academically assessed to provide 60 credits of prior learning accreditation towards a unique MBA delivered in partnership between Lloyd's Maritime Academy and Middlesex University.
100% Online – Learn from wherever you are
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd’s Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs