Championing sustainability at FinovateFall
At FinovateFall, we are committed to running events which are both environmentally sustainable and socially responsible. Here is a breakdown of how we are embedding sustainability in everything we do.
Faster Forward with Informa
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>
How are we building a sustainable event?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want FinovateFall to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities
FinovateFall will be run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Creating less waste and discouraging giveaways from exhibitor stands and media partners
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim is for FinovateFall to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the fintech market
- Developing close partnerships with charities, companies and associations and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including diversity & inclusion, gender balance, sustainability trends, the impact on the environment & more...
Be a part of the sustainable solutions at FinovateFall in New York!
Here are some ways you can help FinovateFall accomplish our sustainability goals while at the event with us in New York:
Think before you throw
Recycling and composting bins are located throughout the Marriott Marquis, so you’ll never have to go far to responsibly dispose of your waste. Take a moment to consider what goes where:
- COMPOST: Coffee, liquid, food
- RECYCLING: Plastic, aluminum cans, paper, glass bottles, cardboard, pamphlets, flyers
- LANDFILL: chip bags, plastic wrappers, straws, plastic cups
- Cut your emissions while onset or at home by taking simple steps to reduce your footprint - learn more here
Bring your favorite reusable water bottle
Filtered water stations will be available throughout the event. Check out our virtual floor plan for of refill and rinse station locations!
Go green in your hotel room
Be sure to take advantage of towel and sheet reuse initiatives that may be offered by your hotel. Don’t forget to turn off all lights and electronics when you leave your room each day!
New York is a very walkable city and all the hotels in the room block are within walking distance the venue.
Help us support Operation Backpack® 2023
Through Operation Backpack®, VOA-Greater New York provides brand new backpacks and grade-specific school supplies to children living in homeless shelters throughout the five boroughs of New York City.
Please help us support this important work by making a donation. Even a small donation will help!