6-10 December 2021
IP Law Winter School
A unique and robust exploration of intellectual property. Join us on a journey from the fundamentals through to advanced IP enforcement strategy.
Our 2021 expert speaker lineup includes:
The perfect event to reinforce and update your IP knowledge
The Intellectual Property Law Winter School will provide you with all the information you need to work with IP in a commercial and competent manner.
This course will ensure you know both long-standing conventions, the latest updates, and best practices from some of the leading experts in the IP field.
The ideal event for those in a variety of job roles that are looking for detailed and intensive guidance on all the key aspects of intellectual property.
Gain comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of IP law - 2021 topics include:
- Gain the introductory knowledge you need to kickstart your career in IP law
- Learn the fundamentals of the international treaties that govern IP
- Understand the basics of patents, copyright, and trademarks
- Explore the basis that makes the internet such a difficult IP minefield (and a powerful enforcement tool)
- Explore the international world of patent filing and enforcement
- Examine the practicalities of patenting computer implemented inventions
- Find out how to use freedom to operate as a positive force to drive innovation and when FTO becomes infringement
- Specialise in highly technical areas - the worlds of TMT and pharma
Copyright & Trademarks
- Compare and contrast the common law approach to civil law jurisdictions
- Why databases are protected under copyright and what it means for your copyright portfolio
- Explore the differences between registered and unregistered designs
- How can conflicting jurisdictions be used in your favour?
Discuss whether patent protection is superior to confidentiality
Examine why alternative dispute resolution has become popular
Practical enforcement advice
- Maximise the value of your IP through its licensing potential
- Stay compliant with international treaties and EU competition law
- Learn how to draft complex technology licensing deals
- Stay compliant of EU competition law and understand the tax repercussions of your IP transactions
Networking & Social Activities
- Meet over 30 of the best IP lawyers from the EU and beyond
- Join dozens of fellow delegates on this exciting course
- Enjoy social activities and networking experiences such as Punting on the River Cam, Barbecue and a Gala Dinner
Key sessions to ensure you have a complete understanding of IP law
Legal minds to guide you
Days of intensive knowledge sharing