9th - 13th August 2021
IP Law Summer School
A unique and robust exploration of intellectual property. Join us on a journey from the fundamentals through to advanced IP enforcement strategy.
Our 2020 expert speaker lineup included:
The perfect event to reinforce and update your IP knowledge
The Intellectual Property Law Summer School will provide you with all the information you need to work with IP in a commercial and competent manner.
This course will ensure you know both long-standing conventions, the latest updates, and best practices from some of the leading experts in the IP field.
The ideal event for those in a variety of job roles that are looking for detailed and intensive guidance on all the key aspects of intellectual property.
Gain comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of IP law - 2020 topics included:
- Gain the introductory knowledge you need to kickstart your career in IP law
- Learn the fundamentals of the international treaties that govern IP
- Understand the basics of patents, copyright, and trademarks
- Explore the basis that makes the internet such a difficult IP minefield (and a powerful enforcement tool)
- Explore the international world of patent filing and enforcement
- Examine the practicalities of patenting computer implemented inventions
- Find out how to use freedom to operate as a positive force to drive innovation and when FTO becomes infringement
- Specialise in highly technical areas - the worlds of TMT and pharma
Copyright & Trademarks
Copyright & Trademarks
- Compare and contrast the common law approach to civil law jurisdictions
- Why databases are protected under copyright and what it means for your copyright portfolio
- Gain practical knowledge of the WIPO Madrid Protocol
- Explore the differences between registered and unregistered designs
- How can conflicting jurisdictions be used in your favour?
Discuss whether patent protection is superior to confidentiality
Examine why alternative dispute resolution has become popular
Practical enforcement advice through streamed options - either a mock trial to the UPC or a trademark dispute using ADR
- Maximise the value of your IP through its licensing potential
- Stay compliant with international treaties and EU competition law
- Learn how to draft complex technology licensing deals
- Stay compliant of EU competition law and understand the tax repercussions of your IP transactions
- Meet over 30 of the best IP lawyers from the EU and beyond
- Join dozens of fellow delegates on this exciting course
- Enjoy virtual networking experiences such as speed networking and a virtual pub quiz