10th, 12th, 14th, 18th & 20th August 2020
Virtual Summer School,
Delivered Live (UK Time) & On-Demand Afterwards
IP Law Summer School
A unique and robust exploration of intellectual property. Join us on a journey from the fundamentals through to advanced IP enforcement strategy.
Join our 20th annual IP Law Summer School. Gain insight from over 30 expert legal minds, reinforce that learning and make new connections with unique virtual networking events.
In an era of physical separation, ensure you do not get left behind by developments in Intellectual Property law and forge new connections with your peers across the world through our sophisticated and fully interactive conference app.
BENEFITS OF JOINING THIS VIRTUAL EVENT:
- Listen to insightful presentations and practical case studies from the comfort of your home
- Join interactive Q&As and participate in engaging audience polls
- Take advantage of our platform's innovative matchmaking algorithm to meet peers with similar backgrounds and interests
- Schedule 1-1 meetings with delegates and speakers before, during and after the event
- Participate in virtual evening networking activities to help you forge stronger connections
- Increased flexibility with an option to watch key sessions on-demand
- Join from anywhere in the world and save on time, travel and costs
Informative and Practical:
- Gain a solid understanding of the latest developments in intellectual property law issues from a broad range of perspectives in a relaxed and informal atmosphere
- Review high profile cases and their practical implications
- Enhance your knowledge by embracing in-depth analysis and expert commentary on key intellectual property law issues
- Develop cutting-edge strategies to combat common problem areas to avoid hefty fines
Who Should Attend:
- Junior lawyers seeking to gain a specialism in intellectual property law
- In-house counsel requiring an impeccable grounding in the core areas of intellectual property law
- Experienced lawyers who need to know more about different aspects of intellectual property law
- Regulators & national competition authorities
- Professionals in need of an A-Z guide to intellectual property law
Our 2020 expert speaker lineup includes:
The perfect event to reinforce and update your IP knowledge
The virtual Intellectual Property Law Summer School will provide you with all the information you need to work with IP in a commercial and competent manner.
This course will ensure you know both long-standing conventions, the latest updates, and best practices from some of the leading experts in the IP field.
The ideal event for those in a variety of job roles that are looking for detailed and intensive guidance on all the key aspects of intellectual property.
Gain comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of IP law - 2020 topics include:
- Gain the introductory knowledge you need to kickstart your career in IP law
- Learn the fundamentals of the international treaties that govern IP
- Understand the basics of patents, copyright, and trademarks
- Explore the basis that makes the internet such a difficult IP minefield (and a powerful enforcement tool)
- Explore the international world of patent filing and enforcement
- Examine the practicalities of patenting computer implemented inventions
- Find out how to use freedom to operate as a positive force to drive innovation and when FTO becomes infringement
- Specialise in highly technical areas - the worlds of TMT and pharma
Copyright & Trademarks
- Compare and contrast the common law approach to civil law jurisdictions
- Why databases are protected under copyright and what it means for your copyright portfolio
- Gain practical knowledge of the WIPO Madrid Protocol
- Explore the differences between registered and unregistered designs
- How can conflicting jurisdictions be used in your favour?
Discuss whether patent protection is superior to confidentiality
Examine why alternative dispute resolution has become popular
Practical enforcement advice through streamed options - either a mock trial to the UPC or a trademark dispute using ADR
- Maximise the value of your IP through its licensing potential
- Stay compliant with international treaties and EU competition law
- Learn how to draft complex technology licensing deals
- Stay compliant of EU competition law and understand the tax repercussions of your IP transactions
- Meet over 30 of the best IP lawyers from the EU and beyond
- Join dozens of fellow delegates on this exciting course
- Enjoy virtual networking experiences such as speed networking and a virtual pub quiz