APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
Our course in international taxation will enable you to develop an in-depth and practical understanding
Aimed at inhouse tax and cross-border specialists from multinational companies, tax practitioners in private practice and revenue authorities.
International Taxation: Choose your Award
International tax is the study and practice that centres on the application of taxes and tax law in the international community as it relates to individuals, businesses and government agencies conducting cross-border commerce. The myriad of tax treaties, territorial tax laws and their effect on extraterritorial income requires the interpretive expertise of scholars and practitioners who specialise in International Taxation.
The complexities of International Taxation dominate the landscape for multinational organisations trying to conduct business in multiple jurisdictions. This often results in international tax playing a major role in the conducting of cross-border transactions.
This programme, developed by leading International Taxation specialists, at both advisory and in-house level, will provide a firm grounding on all the “must-know” areas of International Taxation.
International Taxation - Online MSc
To enrol for the MSc, students must hold a PG-Diploma in International Taxation (or an equivalent award).
- Full Programme:
- Credits: 180 credits
- Duration: 23 months
- Past PG-Diploma Holders:
- Credits: 60 credits
- Duration: 12 months
International Taxation - Online PGDip
The Postgraduate Diploma requires the completion of the first 2 stages of the programme.
- Credits: 120 credits
- Duration: 11 months
Why study International Taxation?
How you'll learn
- This is a distance learning course and all notes and lecture material will be made available via the internet through the Informa Connect virtual learning platform.
- Pre-recorded lectures will be conducted on the internet via our online classroom every week, followed a week later by a live online tutorial in a fully interactive classroom to give students the opportunity to ask questions.
There are three books which you will need as part of the course, and electronic versions of these books will be available for you through the Informa Connect Virtual Learning Platform:
- International Tax Primer (3rd Ed) – Brian Arnold
- OECD Model Tax Convention on Income and on Capital: Condensed Version 2017 (available online)
- UN Model Double Taxation Convention
You will also be given access to selected online resources and you will also have access to a database of tax research material.
The course has its own secure website where the content can be viewed entirely online. This site offers you the option of viewing and accessing your course online and downloading and printing the materials at any location that has internet access. The site also offers access to:
- student discussion forum
- useful links
Content and teaching by IITF and awarded by Middlesex University London
International Institute for Tax & Finance
IITF is a Mauritian based international tax consultancy with a faculty of globally recognised Transfer Pricing experts. IITF specialises in delivering international tax programmes and workshops, both face- to-face and online. IITF creates content and provides lecturing and marking services via the IIR Ltd (Informa Connect Learning) Virtual Learning Platform (VLE).
About Middlesex University
Middlesex University is a large London based university with a history in higher education dating from 1878. In 1992 we were granted the Royal Charter allowing us to use the title university. We offer a broad range of courses We offer a broad range of courses, delivered by our three academic faculties of Arts and Creative Industries, Professional and Social Sciences and Science and Technology, structured to closely align teaching and learning with industry. We have over 40,000 students studying on Middlesex courses worldwide, both at our own campuses and also with partner institutions, making us one of the largest providers of British university education to international students.
Informa Connect Academy: Even more...
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Network – use our online tutorial forum to ask questions, discuss and share knowledge with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world
- Cost-Effective – save money with no additional travel or accommodation costs