PGCert International Taxation - What you will Study
This qualification explores the concepts of International Taxation and its application in business. It encompasses a wide range of tax issues influenced by a single, or multiple countries’ income tax laws. The qualification provides an understanding of how international tax impacts companies with multinational operations and highlights issues raised by present-day international tax practices.
* PGCert subject to validation
This award consists of 1 stage. For the Postgraduate Certificate award just stage must be completed consisting of 60 credits in total.
- This stage will contain two modules, with 30 credits awarded per module.
- The learning will address important issues within the sector, drawing on key points, to ensure you gain a thorough understanding of the topics.
- Students must complete and successfully pass the assigned coursework assessments and the final exam at the end of each stage to claim their award.
- Pre-recorded academic lectures will be released each week, accompanied with the prescribed reading, any additional reading and/or research, as required. Directed reading will relate to provided case law, and will also include reading from legislation, books, articles, academic and professional journals.
- The learning from the lectures will be emphasised with an array of case studies, practice examples and resources, to challenge thinking in a practical context. Engaging activities on the discussion forum, the use of quizzes, polls and other forum built-in activity will further validate the learning objectives.
- Each main topic will end with a live-online tutorial, conducted by the lecturers. The tutorials are designed to be interactive, providing students with the opportunity to ask questions and to consider issues from different perspectives.
The assessment scheme for each module shall consist of the following:
- Coursework Assessment 1 (20 Marks)
- Coursework Assessment 2 (20 marks) Final Assignment (60 Marks)