Main Conference Day Two
Main Conference Day Two
This exclusive discussion group is open to 20 to pre-registered development finance institutions, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, pension funds and sovereign wealth funds, subject to qualification. Run under the Chatham House Rule. To register, please contact: Eva.Zhang@informa.com
Who invests in energy efficiency, and why does it matter? Examining the barriers to increasing investment and financing flows to energy efficiency projects. Sharing advice on how to overcome the hurdles and ways to increase energy efficiency project investment viability. Upfront costs, long-term savings, tax credits and other considerations.
- Pierre-Antoine Machelon - Managing Director, Eiffel Investment Group
Uncovering the likely paths for oil and gas demand and the growth of clean energy and debating the likelihood of various future scenarios. How rapidly and drastically do we think the future of energy is likely to change?
- Laura Noorani - Investment Manager, Hambro Perks
What do LPs view as a more financially beneficial investment decision based on their risk/return profiles: traditional energy, renewables or energy transition? What is the LPs’ primary guiding investment strategy and fiduciary financial view: getting the best value for money or environmental considerations? Is the ability to deploy capital toward attractive transition investments becoming easier or more challenging?
- Matteo Squilloni - Head of Climate Transition – Equity Investments, European Investment Fund
- Charlotte Daelemans - Managing Director & Senior Real Asset Specialist, Nuveen
- Ulla Frimor Agesen - Head of Infrastructure, Nordic Investment Opportunities
Insights on the unfolding energy transition as it becomes increasingly central to the unlisted infrastructure asset class. Analysis of fundraising, deals and investors sentiment including data of fund activity in the burgeoning energy storage sector, alongside reflections on the continuing challenges of heightened development costs in achieving historic levels of returns.
- Alex Murray - Vice President of Research Insights, Preqin
What is considered to be a more forward-thinking investment approach amongst GPs to accelerate global decarbonisation at a sufficient pace? GPs on dealing with an increased competition from new market entrants and consolidation? What are the most reliable sources of financing energy transition projects? Showcasing the most effective ways for fund managers to approach potential investors to raise capital.
- Ruperto Unzue - Partner, Suma Capital
- Scott Browning - Partner, Sustainability and Infrastructure Group, Apollo Global Management
How have sustainable private credit and bond strategies evolved compared to conventional financing, such as project financing and debt security? Is the access to debt and getting better or worse? Are banks lending directly to companies, and under what terms? How does it impact returns and the ability to get projects financed? How have terms and covenants evolved during the recent central bank tightening cycle?
- Don Dimitrievich - Senior Managing Director and Portfolio Manager, Energy Infrastructure Credit, Nuveen
- Prasad Gadkari - Executive Director and Chief Strategy Officer, National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF)
[LP/GP closed-door session]
Due diligence amid the transition. Are areas of focus for LPs different when it comes to emerging managers, especially if they have fiduciary duty, and what do emerging GPs think they need to focus on? What do investors weigh up when looking at energy transition-related funds? Do LPs get exposure to this sector from infrastructure funds, or do they make a separate allocation to pure-play energy transition funds? What is the remit of new Climate funds? How are GPs innovating their strategies to appeal to investors?
To sing up, please contact: email@example.com
- Suhrid Mantravadi - Partner, Grey Rock Investment Partners
- Nina Kraus - Principal, Fund Investments, Hamilton Lane
Exploring the link between ESG and the cost of capital. How ready and prepared are we for ESG reporting regulations? Discussing the relevance of EU taxonomy and SFDR regulations. What is the role of carbon markets? What are the key ESG considerations and concerns during fundraising for both fund managers and institutional investors? Addressing an issue of box-ticking and greenwashing.
- Raphaela Schmid - Head of ESG & Sustainability, SUSI Partners
- Ethan Levine - Managing Director, CF Private Equity
Attracting and retaining talent as a critical source of competitive advantage. What skills are needed for the energy industry workforce of the future? How can the industry attract next-generation workers? Sharing best practices on ensuring an all-inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Laura Merlini - Managing Director, EMEA, CAIA Association
- Rahul Advani - CEO & Managing Partner, SER Capital Partners
Analysing the performance of key economic regions in the race towards net zero future and the rate energy transition technologies are being adopted. Has the effect of IRA on capital deployment skewed capital allocation towards the US market and away from Europe? Examining the role China plays in the global energy transition space. Funding energy transition in emerging markets: an overview of the latest developments, challenges and investment opportunities.
Exploring the key drivers of the global energy transition and the way they shape energy systems, markets and trade flows, industrial and security policies. What new possibilities and challenges await us? Will the transition pacify or politicize global energy relations? And how will this affect investment opportunities and risks?
- Daniel Scholten - Visiting Assistant Professor at the Center for Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy, Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota
Why is LCOE Important and what does it mean for energy project stakeholders? How can LCOE factor into your financing strategy?
Examining government commitments and actions that are needed to decarbonise the transport system. What can be done to accelerate progress? Sharing best practices that will accelerate the transition to carbon-neutral mobility. Looking at costs and efficiencies of transport electrification options. Hydrogen, biofuel, renewable natural gas, renewable liquid fuel: uncovering the full potential of new technologies.
- Paul Kaboub - Partner & Co-Founder, Inyarek Partners
- Alastair Maxwell - Chief Financial Officer, C2X