Programme taught, assessed and awarded by Queen Mary University of London
Queen Mary University of London joined the Russell Group of leading UK Universities in 2012, reflecting Queen Mary’s long standing reputation for research and teaching excellence. The School of Law at Queen Mary goes from strength to strength having been ranked 10th in the UK for law by the Complete University Guide 2022, 8th in the Guardian League Tables 2022 and 7th in the UK by QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022.
Technology, Media and Telecommunications institute at the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) Queen Mary University of London, is pleased to offer you this distinctive programme of online, distance learning courses leading to the award of a University of London LLM, or Postgraduate Diploma or Postgraduate Certificate, in Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law. The Centre is based at Lincoln’s Inn Fields, in the heart of London’s legal centre.
At Queen Mary University of London, we believe that a diversity of ideas helps us achieve the previously unthinkable.
Throughout our history, we’ve fostered social justice and improved lives through academic excellence. And we continue to live and breathe this spirit today, not because it’s simply ‘the right thing to do’ but for what it helps us achieve and the intellectual brilliance it delivers.
Our reformer heritage informs our conviction that great ideas can and should come from anywhere. It’s an approach that has brought results across the globe, from the communities of east London to the favelas of Rio de Janeiro.
We continue to embrace diversity of thought and opinion in everything we do, in the belief that when views collide, disciplines interact, and perspectives intersect, truly original thought takes form.
Who we are...
Throughout our history we've put social justice and improving lives at the centre of our mission. We embrace being part of one of the world's great cultural and economic centres, but we'll never forget our East End roots. World-class education with no limits. That's Queen Mary.
Graduates are in work or further study within six months of graduating
Queen Mary is one of the UK's leading universities
University of London
We are part of the University of London
in the UK for law by Complete University Guide 2022
in the Guardian League Tables 2022
in the UK by QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022
Queen Mary Alumni Loyalty Award
Level: Masters, PhD
Course: The Alumni Loyalty Award is open to all Queen Mary graduates enrolling on a postgraduate degree programme except those on full scholarships.
Value: £1,000 or 10% discount depending on programme of study
No. of awards: Unlimited
Deadline: This discount will be applied upon enrolement
Who is eligible?
- The Alumni Loyalty Award is open to all Queen Mary graduates enrolling on a full postgraduate degree programme who are self-funding at least part of their tuition fees.
- Queen Mary graduates are defined as anyone who has undertaken an undergraduate degree, postgraduate degree at Queen Mary University of London.
- Postgraduate degree programmes are defined as any full-time, part-time or distance learning Master’s or Doctorate* degree programme offered at QMUL. Queen Mary Online programmes, joint-awards, split-site degrees and courses less than 12 months in length are not eligible. Queen Mary Online students are eligible for a 10 per cent Alumni Scholarship Loyalty Award – please visit their website for more information.
- This Award can be combined with other Queen Mary scholarships but will not be awarded to fully sponsored students.** Students who are partly sponsored will have the discount applied to that part of the fees which are not being paid for elsewhere.
- *This award for PhD students is for the first year only.
- **This award is available to students receiving the US Federal Loan as they are recorded as self-payers with payment plans.
Who is ineligible?
- Students who are fully sponsored are not eligible for this Award. Full sponsorship means tuition fees are paid in full by an employer, industrial sponsor, government, charity or other third party organisation. This Award is intended to help students who are self-financing some or all of their postgraduate studies.
- Pre-sessional English courses, Foundation programmes, PG Diplomas, pre-Masters, and Postgraduate Certificate courses do not qualify you as a Queen Mary graduate in respect of this award.
How do I apply?
- You do not have to submit a separate application for the award; you will be automatically considered at the point of offer. The discount will then be applied to your tuition fees and you will be asked to cover the remaining amount.
- For part-time courses, you will be eligible for the full award, but this will be split over the two years (i.e. 50% of the award in the first year and 50% in the second year).
- The Alumni Loyalty Award will not require repaying if the student leaves part way through their studies; it will be assessed pro-rata, to coincide with the procedure for calculating outstanding tuition fees. However, please check this with the Finance (Fees) Office when arranging withdrawal from the course.
- This Award can only be used towards tuition fees and will never be paid directly to the student. Should you obtain tuition fee sponsorship after beginning your course then you should advise the university immediately. If you are found to breach your commitments or not respond accurately to request for information then QMUL is entitled to immediately suspend the Award.